Is there a reason why sellers are treated unfairly by eBay? Postage estimate is way too short.

Why is eBay so unfair to sellers who do the right thing and post items on time. Makes sellers very unhappy by unfairly removing top rated status. eBay wont revise correctly so you will be stripped of top rating for doing everything right it seems.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Is there a reason why sellers are treated unfairly by eBay? Postage estimate is way too short.

You have been given the possible solutions on your other thread/s.

This board is only different to the 'sellers' board in that less people come here. But those that do have probably already answered you.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

ebay is a joke yes sellers are treated unfairly,more than just there postage costs suck, i sent in perfectly good order a fragile item, boxed, bubble wrapped and marked fragile was damaged by Aust post, the buyer was to cheap to pay insurance, as it arrived damaged buyer has claimed money back guarantee, so now left with no sale, useless item, ebays response my responsabilkity to make sure arrives safely biggest joke last time ever use ebay paypal

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

1. Don't mark anything as fragile. AP explicitly don't provide a fragile service.

2. Why would you expect the buyer to opt to pay extra for insurance to protect you? That is your concern and it is up to you to include it in the price if you feel it is warranted.

3. Yes it is your responsibility to pack an item to ensure it arrives in GOC. AP's guideline is to be able to withstand 20kg dropped from a metre.

4. It might pay you to read up on things that affect your selling BEFORE you try to sell things.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Here we go again! Mods moving outdated posts that will completely confuse new members reading them. How about locking old posts like you're supposed to instead of bumping threads that are now out of date and contain wrong information?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

michelle_oz will fix it, just like she's fixed everything else Tippy......................sigh

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Pffft.

Oh wait, that's rude...

Sheesh.

Oh wait........

I give up.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

She fixed me up alright Woman Frustrated

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

At least this thread is in the same year.....it is only 9 months old.

It really pushes my buttons when they bump threads that have not been active since 2010 or 2011.

The saying on the boards to be careful what you wish for is still very valid.   Maybe if we had not been so vocal about locking old threads we would only have to contend with the few old threads that are bumped by newbies looking for answers.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

It would be nice if they actually did lock some threads, instead of just bumping out of date dead ones. Why not kill 2 birds with one stone? Move the thread if you must, then lock the damn thing.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply