Non Paying Bidders and the Rise In Post charges

Since the advent of higher postage charges, I have had 5 NPB on items. Once postage was confirmed, the buyers just went incommunicado. I have been trading on eBay since 2002 and in the previous 10 years would have had no more than a small handful of NPBs. I can definitely sheet it home to the postage rip-off, as my local PO has reported a significant loss of business since 8 April, when the new charges came in. It would be interesting to know whether other local POs are reporting the same.I'll be reporting to Aust Post on this ...but without much hope.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

None paying bidders,rise in postage costs,no bidders,no sales,high fees all of this has just swooped down on us at the same time but what can we do about it? whinge,complain sure but it will get you no where just drive you crazy so either grin and bear it or set sail on another ship.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

With Ebay doing diddly squat about non paying buyers, the only way for sellers to call them to account is to lodge non payment disputes for ALL NPB's and ensure settings are set to block bidders with multiple non payment violations. If all sellers did this it would quickly encourage buyers to do the right thing. As for post charges, the rises have changed my buying habits on my main business account. I can no longer buy single items to resell. I now rely totally on bulk purchases. I do think buyers are generally very skitty at the moment, some of it down to Julia G. and the nine month election campaign.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Same here. I've had 6 NPDs in two months, however I've only listed ~55 items. Weird thing is, it's like they are malicious or vexatious. I have good feedback, and am only selling to get rid of my old stock items (usually for cheap). I've had it happen on $3.50 items (that includes postage). As somebody else once said, Ebay has no incentive do anything about dodgy bids (or shilling for that matter).

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I doubt that NPBs now have much to do with postage prices that increased 6 months ago. Nor shill bidding, which is done by sellers not buyers.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply