I bought a camera which was bad sent back for refund all up it cost $7949 including return postage s

plgw75
Community Member

I bought a camera which was bad and I returned it, seller sent me $9(not enough) postage but all up I paid out for item and return postage $79.49 all I recieved back from seller/Paypal was $62.69 can I recover the rest, Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I bought a camera which was bad sent back for refund all up it cost $7949 including return postage s

If you had gone through the dispute process then the seller would have been told to send a return postage label with tracking and once it was back with the seller then you should have been refunded the total amount you paid.

If you paid with paypal and the amount paid to them them is more than they refunded you then open a dispute via paypal for the remaining amount through the payment transcation.

What was the total amount you paid to the seller including the postage to get it sent to you to the refund you got?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Total amount was $65.99 plus I paid $13.50 for the return postage they did send me $9 which wasn't enough for return postage so

I paid out $79.49 when I went to Paypal all that was there was after fees was $62.69.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

As a buyer you do not pay any fees.

When the seller refunds and cancels a purchase the ebay fees are credited back to the the seller and the only fee the seller does not get back is 30c from paypal.

All you can do as ask the seller to refund the total owing and if they don't there is nothing you can really do other than leave feedback to reflect the transaction.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply