I want to buy-seller wants to sell-yet ignores questions...

I've been ebaying a pretty long time but this is a new one on me...item for sale I'd like to potentially buy. No measurements are given, no info and only one photo. I have asked for approx measurements (since its a suitcase, kinda important) and if the latches work ok (its old) and if possible, a photo of the inside. Its been relisted twice as no one wants it and I have messaged both times but still getting ignored? WTH? Rather keep relisting than pull out a tape measure?? Anyone else had this?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So you were wrong.

You might want to buy, but the seller obviously doesn't want to sell. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Or they are on holidays with auto relists on.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Good thinking! There was about a two day gap between relists. My auto relists are always immediate. I havent seen a delay option (not that I sell that much)

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Could also be they either sent or have been sent an email or phone number via ebay messages and ebay has banned them for 7 days from answering messages (ebay believes people ONLY do this if they are going to sell off ebay and hence ebay lose $)

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I sent one message on the 7th and another on the 14th...I'm thinking maybe just a really lazy seller, Ive just never encountered that before...seems more effort to keep relisting to no avail than to grab a ruler. Thanks guys, good suggestions. Its got a few days to go.Maybe I'll hear back. Its not expensive but I dont feel any inclination to buy from someone with that kind of attitude. Many other vintage cases in the sea!

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I've seen lots and lots of lazy sellers. In the days before it was mandatory to put postage in listings a lot didn't bother and would say to ask for a quote, but if they had to work it one day they may as well have worked it out right from the start and saved people asking.

Some people think anything will sell without needing to put details. There are plenty of suitcases in op shops.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

We contacted a seller a few months ago as they were trying to sell a stamp collection via auction, but didn't even have one photo in the listing.
No reply, no photos added & ... surprise, surprise .... no bids at end of auction.
Some sellers just don't care, or hope some idiot comes along & buys without them having to do any more work. Hate to see how they'd pack their items for posting!
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I finally got my reply! Its a great one too! 

"I haven't had time to make this a priority as it's school holidays, and I have to go dig in the garage to get the item down from storage, take measurements and take more photos. And sorry for a $15 item it's a lot of effort to go to atm.

I'll try to do it next time I am out in the garage, but I am flat out with other things atm."

Smiley LOL Great! 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

So you were wrong.

You might want to buy, but the seller obviously doesn't want to sell. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Hahaha! Love it!! Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply