Item selling separate listings,one buy it now,one biddinv

Question- seller has listed same item twice,one bidding,one buy it now(checkec- only one item) can you actually do this? Just curious, thanks🤔

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item selling separate listings,one buy it now,one biddinv

Yep, same listing. What you can do is use the "report item" link on the RHS of the listings about half-way down in blue, and let eBay know about it - or you could message the seller and let them know what they're doing is a selling policy violation.

Give them a link to this thread as well maybe.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Has the seller admitted they only have the 1 item ?  If they have, then no they shouldn't do it.

Could you post the item number so someone can have a look at the listings?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Yep,only one item,seller said it was so more people could see it,not a mistake... 202327190467/202329668293

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Yep, same listing. What you can do is use the "report item" link on the RHS of the listings about half-way down in blue, and let eBay know about it - or you could message the seller and let them know what they're doing is a selling policy violation.

Give them a link to this thread as well maybe.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for that,will message them🙄

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Here's the link to the relevant policy page.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-policies/duplicate-listings-policy?id=4255

But, there might be a grey area with the listings, down the bottom it says:-

Capture.PNG

But the seller doesn't have a BIN on the auction, so possibly they can in fact do it - it's still a very risky thing to do in case of 2 buyers coming along at the same time to buy one item.......................there'd be a neg feedback for sure if that happened.

The seller would be better off ending the BIN listing and putting a BIN on the auction. imho.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Here's the link to the relevant policy page.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-policies/duplicate-listings-policy?id=4255

But, there might be a grey area with the listings, down the bottom it says:-

Capture.PNG

But the seller doesn't have a BIN on the auction, so possibly they can in fact do it - it's still a very risky thing to do in case of 2 buyers coming along at the same time to buy one item.......................there'd be a neg feedback for sure if that happened.

The seller would be better off ending the BIN listing and putting a BIN on the auction. imho.

padi, what you've quoted is referring to listings where you actually have the number of items in each listing.  If you've only got one item you definitely can't list it twice (in two different listings).

The seller is taking a pretty big risk because a buyer might decide to buy both and then they'll get a defect for out of stock.  Some sellers will try anything to get an advantage over others though!

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for that rabbit, confused the bejaysus out of me going through the policies................more coffee I reckon is the go.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

It can get quite complicated.  Unless it's changed since I last read the policy, you can list a heap of auction listings for the same item (so long as you have the stock) but they only show the first one until it gets a bid, then they show the next one.  When it gets a bid, they'll make the next one visible, and so on.  I don't know why anyone would want to do that anyway because they'd be best to try and get more than one bid on the first item and then do second chance offers (and third chance if it applies).

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks everybody,messaged seller nicely,and was told, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!
So that wasn't worth it!😂
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply