Massive sellers fees

I am a new seller and I must confess to finding the ebay platforn pretty confusing. There seems to be multiple entry points and multiple ways of doing things. In 90 days I have sold about $800 (I can't seem to get a total at the moment) worth of secondhand clothes. I now have a bil for $1200. $150 of this is postage and $25 is store fees. **bleep**??

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Massive sellers fees

I see you have been selling your items via auction,  Not 100% sure, but I dont think stores get free auction insertion fees.

I think you would be paying a $3  insertion fee  for every auction item listed, sale or not.  Hopefully some store owners will come along and point you in the right direction.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Massive sellers fees

Check the auctions.. I have a store and it costs $3.00 per auction, which is why I don't do auctions.
Maybe put your items up as Buy It Now, with the price you are happy with (don't forget to factor postage in) and see if that helps with your fees.
Good luck!
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Massive sellers fees

As has already been said, you'd be paying $3 every time you do an auction listing, then you're charged selling fees on the ones that sell. You either need to change to buy it now listings or not use a store, but if you don't have a store you won't get as many free listings.

Did you read up on fees before you started listing?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Massive sellers fees

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are paying for a store and have nothing listed.....that is just throwing money away.

You need in excess of 100 listings in your store with a good sell through rate to make it worthwhile.

If you are using ebay postage that would explain the large postage fee......the buyers have already paid for that so it is not coming out of your pocket.  If it was not on your ebay bill you would have been paying it to the post office directly.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply