Newby as of today has asked for bank details to pay for an item that they have not yet bought

Can anyone tell me is there are any scams out there with regard to bank details.

A newby -as of today - has asked for bank details for and item they have not yet bought as a "buy it now".

Have said we will supply details when purchased, but am a little wary I must say.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Newby as of today has asked for bank details to pay for an item that they have not yet bought

It may just be a "newby" thing - I've had new users ask me for a postage-inclusive invoice, and I've had to explain that I can't invoice them until they've actually purchased the items in question.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Not that I know of apart from getting account info to attempt hacking but very difficult with banks.

Scammers will tend to try hacking PayPal instead.

I have my normal bank account and credit card account.

Then I have a seperate account with a debit card linked to PayPal that I use solely for eBay and online purchases.

That way I can give those bank details to buyers as it only has money in it when I top up for purchases.

I also have one private email address and one for online, phone's, business and everything else that is not family related.

I do so I can control keeping my private things away from anything else, apart from security it's easier to switch off from work etc as well.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I had the same thing, told them details will only be supplied when item is purchased, as they show when completing purchase. Person has since purchased item.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It may just be a "newby" thing - I've had new users ask me for a postage-inclusive invoice, and I've had to explain that I can't invoice them until they've actually purchased the items in question.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

at least we are getting new buyers, so... She worked out how to pay.
Thanks for your input
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thank everyone, issue has resolved itself
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply