Packages from Malaysia not purchased arriving at my address ?

Hi Ebay Community ,

I have recieved a package from some business that I had not ordered ?  The return address being  "Special Project Unit " Malaysia . I am concened as to how they got my Name , Address and phone number ?

Can anyone please enlighten me .

Have you recieved any unpaid packages from this establishment ? 

I am a little concerned how the obtained our information was it via ebay as we do not know who these people are that are sending the items as there is no other infomation except the return address qouted above ? Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

A few years ago there was a spate of such items.

It appeared to be some sellers in Asia sending items out from mailing lists they had purchased.

When you made contact on eBay they would state if you are happy with the item to make payment etc.

If no one in your family of friends have made the purchase as a gift for you then just mark them return to sender / Not at this address.

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Under Australian law, you don't have to pay for unsolicited products.

If you receive unsolicited products or services:

• you are not required to pay for the products or services
  • you are not liable for any loss or damage resulting from a supply of unsolicited services
  • if you contact the business in writing, expressing that you do not want the products, then the business should recover the products within one month
  • if you don't contact the business, then the business may recover the products within three months from the day after you received the products
  • you cannot unreasonably refuse to allow the supplier to recover the products
  • you may be liable to pay compensation if you wilfully damage the products during this period.

If the supplier does not collect the unsolicited products within the above timeframes, you can keep the products with no obligation to pay.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-delivery/receiving-things-you-didnt-ask-for

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Have you purchased anything at all from Malaysia.....maybe a seller has sent you the wrong item?

Alternately have you purchased anything from China?  Sometimes Chinese sellers send their items through Malaysia as it is cheaper for them.

Many Chinese sellers have multiple IDs and they may use the return address of a different ID to the one you bought from.

Check that the item is not something you have bought but just don't recognise the return address.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

HI Lyndal1838 , No we had no purchased anyhting from these places . I know that they have mutiple Ids etc .... Thanks for taking time to respond . This was somthing we did not buy ...very strange ? 

Namaste 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I've just had one too...a single green marble...**bleep**🤷‍♂️
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Your post has added nothing to this thread after nearly 2 YEARS.

Please check dates before dragging up OLD THREADS

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I have just received one to without anything in the package.
It is a concern how they have my details.
Janet
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Have you bought anything from Asia.....China, Hong Kong, Malaysia etc?

It is not unusual for empty packaging to arrive from those areas......you need to check who the seller is and if your item does not arrive you can open a dispute.   But be sure to open a NOT AS DESCRIBED dispute (the package did not contain your item)

DO NOT open a dispute for item not received.....if the seller can provide tracking you will lose the dispute.

BTW....you would get more answers if you started a new thread.....many responders ignore these old threads.0

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

marsess-97
Community Member
I just received a bag, same thing “special project” and it had brown powder and very small seeds in it - freaked me out a little.
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply