australia post tracking

hi,does anyone know who is responsible for a australia post tracking parcel if it goes missing after delivery.buyer or seller.Is it up to the seller to try to find it?only wondering.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

australia post tracking

If the tracking shows it has been delivered. I think it's the buyer that has to put a claim in with AustPost.

The seller/sender has proof that the parcel was delivered meaning they have fulfilled their part of the sale......

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

australia post tracking

If the tracking shows it has been delivered. I think it's the buyer that has to put a claim in with AustPost.

The seller/sender has proof that the parcel was delivered meaning they have fulfilled their part of the sale......

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

australia post tracking

Are you sure about that?

I had a couple of items go missing and both times as the seller I had to chase it up.

It's the sellers responsibility up until the buyer receives it.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

australia post tracking

@collect247wrote:

Are you sure about that?

I had a couple of items go missing and both times as the seller I had to chase it up.

It's the sellers responsibility up until the buyer receives it.

The OP has asked "if it goes missing after delivery" Tracking would show the parcel as delivered, so yes I'm pretty sure it's up to the recipient to chase it up with AustPost.

If the parcel is left at the buyers door & then gets stolen is that still the sellers responsibility?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply