Community Member
I have committed to buy an item (no payment made) but have changed my mind. How do I cancel the transaction ?

I have committed to buy an item (no payment made) but have changed my mind. How do I cancel the transaction ?

Other Answers: 11
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brk94

I have committed to buying an item without realising.  All I wanted to know was the total p&h!! what do i do now???

Community Member
Answered
in reply to brk94

Communicate such immediately to whom you are purchasing from!

A simple explanation and apology for inconvenience to the seller is polite and courteous, and 9x out of 10 the seller is understanding also.

Not paying and remaining quiet etc only serves to give you a bad rep so, simply just contact them.

Hope this helped Smiley Happy

Community Member
Answered
in reply to brk94

You can not cancel the transaction.

Contact the seller and tell them what has happened and ask if they will send a n agreement to mutual cancel.

If they send this all you need to do is agree and this will release you from the purchase.

BUT do not do this too often as it is very unfair to sellers.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to brk94

ebay doesnt work that way. Once you buy you are committed.

You can email the seller and apologise and plead your newness as an excuse, and perhaps offer to pay their fees, and they may agree to cancel but they dont have to.

Next time, put items on your watch list until you are sure you want to bid because bids and purchases are binding as you're told when you place the bid or buy through Buy It Now.

Integrity is priceless.
“I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating”. Sophocles
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brk94

Do you realise that when you click buy it now you actually incur fees on the sale for the seller?  Why should you be permitted to "back out' when you run the sellers bill up?  Before you click you need to make absolutely sure and certain what you see is what you want- ask as many questions as you need BEFORE YOU BID. Only then when you are satisfied with the answers you have, should you click bid.

Yes you should communicate to your seller, but at the very least you should offer to pay the listing fees the seller will lose.

Or you can buy it and sell it yourself.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to brk94

Is this for the phone cover?  $4.13 and free postage,  Personally I would be embarrassed to ask to cancel the purchase especially for such a low priced item, why not pay for it and give it to someone for Christmas, that way you will avoid the possibility of receiving an NPB strike which will hinder your ability to bid and buy in the future from the majority of ebay sellers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brk94

Maybe the OP does not understand the word "committed"?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brk94

You cant just cancel the transaction without the agreement of the seller, ebay doesnt work that way.

If you are lucky, and perhaps offer to pay their fees, they may offer you a mutual cancellation, but they dont have to.

Your watch list is for saving items until you decide whether you want them or not.

If the seller will not agree to cancel, you will either have to pay, and sell the item yourself, or, dont pay, and the seller may well issue a strike, which will severely curtail your buying if you have more than one.

Today might be the day that I get mistaken for some-one important - Hyacinth Bucket
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to brk94

Most sellers will allow you to cancel, so long as you ask them asap. 

A seller would much rather a mutual cancelation, than force a sale and risk an unhappy buyer.

This is why I always allow buyers to back out of a transaction if they request one. It saves me time, and makes sure I only have happy buyers.

So my advice is just to immediately message the seller.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to brk94

I think....(and I am doing it right now) if you didn't pay yet you can just choose "save for later" that is just  above the payment information, thus the item will dissapear from your cart even if it shows still in your purchace history as unpayed.But it lets the seller know that you are not buying it right now so he doesn't account on you

Community Member
Answered
in reply to brk94

i have commited to buy an item but have chaged my mind. how do I cancel?