How do l contact Ebay, a seller has been stalling,now it is more than 6 weeks

A seller has been stalling me, the original item arrived broken, they offered to refund me $30 for a $210 item, then asked me not to report them as they would send me another one, which is now 6 weeks later and the item has not arrived and Ebay says it is too late to complain???

Where to from here???

View Entire Topic

@gunning21,

Do as kopenhagen says. Your seller has clearly deliberately stalled in the hopes that you wouldn't open an eBay MBG claim, and they were successful.

The seller in question may have been a Chinese seller, as this is a typical tactic.

You do still have time to open a PayPal claim. Open it now, state that the item arrived broken (so it's significantly not as described), and as long as you take all the correct steps, you should receive a full refund. Don't communicate any further with the seller; they have demonstrated dishonesty. Just communicate calmly through the PayPal dispute, keeping only to the facts and offering only what PayPal needs and asks from you.

Don't close the dispute until you have actually received a refund. (Another favourite tactic of dishonest sellers is to claim that they can't issue a refund until you close the dispute. However, if you close the dispute, you can't re-open it, and sellers are fully aware of this.)

If you need to, call PayPal Customer Service

1800 073 263 (toll free)
+61 2 8223 9500

Go to this page (https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/contact-us) for your one-off passcode.
[You'll be asked to enter this unique code on the phone.)

Customer Service hours

6am to 10pm AEST Monday to Friday
8am to 7pm AEST Saturday and Sunday