Community Member
Accepted Solution
new computer arrived not working properly, I have to pay shipment back to supplier, true?

new computer just arrived not working properly, seller told me I have to pay shipment back to supplier, true?

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 2240davidm

If you bought in Australia then the law states that a seller cannot refer you to the manufacturer of supplier, but the seller has to replace or refund and cost of transport is the seller's responsibility. If bought overseas, you may be in trouble. It is never a good choice to buy electrical items Internationally in my opinion.

Other Answers: 2
Community Member
Answered
in reply to 2240davidm

You have done the right thing in getting in touch with the seller first, but if he/she is not willing to sort it out with you then open an 'Item not as described' dispute.

Go to the right of the item and, in the drop down menue, select 'return this item'. then chose the reason you prefer - defective or damaged. You will be requred to return the computer to the seller to the address given by Ebay, then the seller will reimburse you the postage, and refund.

I have never had to return an item but I think this is how it goes. If it is wrong advice someone will pop in shortly to say so.

Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to 2240davidm

Open a case under theeBay "money back gaurantee" for "item not as described" if eBay find in your favour, which they probably will, then the seller is responsible for return postage - although getting it from them can be a chore.

EDIT. To add, I hope it wasn't an Asian seller........................

Edit again.  G'day maranock long time no see mate.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"