8000w LF power jack inverter blow up

I got a power jack 8000w LF inverter and i got it in the mail and i pluged it in to charger the batteries up and and it over heat and turn off i got right on to the seller fast to let them know i have a problem and then they said it was normal for it to do that and that they cant help me fix it so i put my feedback up as (charger over heats and they said was normal ) then the email me and said i lost the warranty as i give bad feed back and get no help to fix the problem i had with it . Then they ask me to take the feedback off .

the inverter then blow up with under 100w of christmas lights on it and smoke come out of it and stopped working so i let them know that it blow up and need help to fix it and they said know as no warranty  to fix it so they are asking me to lie to remove the feedback then they help me but i bet they dont help if i did i think people need to know this so they dont end up same as i have payed $480 for a inverter that don't work know i have to buy the parts to try get it fix and this is after they ban me from buying off them is this far?

they also ask me to open it to take picture as they didnt beleave me that it stopped work the black mark as seen in the picture is black smoke

just cant beleave they telling me to lie for them to remove to feedback to sell more to people

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I hope you paid with paypal or credit card, open a dispute and dont close it until you have a working unit or money back

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Go to your My eBay, Purchase History, next to the item on the far right there is a drop down menu, select contact seller, then click on appropriate dot = I want refund, then there will be space for you to write what happened.  You are writing that to the seller, but that is what eBay will look at to decide the case if the seller does not refund, so be polite and explain in plain language why you want refund.  I think they give the seller week, and if they do not refund you need to go back to the case and get eBay involved.  BOL

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

@the_hawk* wrote:

I hope you paid with paypal or credit card, open a dispute and dont close it until you have a working unit or money back

There is now the eBay guarantee in operation.  I am not sure if you can open PP case.  I got small fragile item the other day, just thrown into eBay satchel, and it arrived smashed.  The only option I found was to ask for refund from the seller.  I really wanted replacement, but oh well, refund will do, I guess.  I am still waiting on the seller's response.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

sisjames, I seem to remember that there was a warning from the NSW Fair Trading last Christmas about these inverters being dangereous and telling people not to buy them as they could cause a fire.

Can you call the Fair Trading Dept in your State and talk to someone there about this,

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I doubt the item has a C Tick.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

If it was purchased after Nov 1st then you are probably better with an ebay dispute as you have a better chance of not having to pay for the return. You can start a Paypal dispute direct through the Paypal transaction page.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

i not rell good at this i every had to do this before as i had to ask freinds for help i cant read and write proply but that said some thing needs to be done about them not helping i just like it to be fix and working not to send it back i need it to work i asking them for help but all they say is remove to feedback before they help me do i do this as its a lie and i don't lie for people

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Your item was bought from a seller in Taiwan.....it is most unlikely that you will get any satisfaction without involving ebay or paypal.

Would you really be happy getting a replacement after the first item has blown up.

Ask someone for help to open the dispute, get your money back and go to the shops and buy one that will not put your life at risk.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

i under stand your point i not have this in my home if its a fire in the home its in a trailer but that said im not rich i dont have to money to buy the good ones this is why i bid on this inverter i cant aford my power bills on a im on a pension this is why i like to have a working inverter to turn cut my power bills down as i dont have my own home i rent and dont have solar grid ties as its not my home so i have a trailer with solar tracker on it with 600w of solar that cost me lots to i love to have the inverter fix or if you can till me to get a inverter same price that can run the vacum cleaner i dont think you can buy one under $500 

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply