Australia Post has speeded up recently

So recently I purchased a couple of items from both eBay and redbubble. I notice that all deliveries are now taking a week only or 1-2 days less with regular parcel delivery, bulky as a computer or slim like a t shirt. That sounds great compared to the past when I have to wait for over a week.
This is a great improvement , might be the result of Amazon partner. I live in Gold Coast so this speed of posting is indeed great to me anyways!!
Not related regard to the topic but in a number of times, when tracking says deliver schedule on residential place, it is delivered on the next business day instead of the scheduled date but to parcel locker or post office, they deliver the same day. Is that true?
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AP are still bedding down thjeir new automated mail sorting system.  It is doing some crazy things, such as returning an item to the senders address on the envelope or sending and item to the wrong mail distribution centre.  The latter can/will extend delivery time by up to 2 weeks

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

So recently I purchased a couple of items from both eBay and redbubble. I notice that all deliveries are now taking a week only or 1-2 days less with regular parcel delivery, bulky as a computer or slim like a t shirt. That sounds great compared to the past when I have to wait for over a week.
This is a great improvement , might be the result of Amazon partner. I live in Gold Coast so this speed of posting is indeed great to me anyways!!!
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply

You could not have bought from ebay as ebay do not sell anything. You buy from sellers who use ebay to 'advertise' 

It could be that your seller simply posted what you bought faster

It could be the item did not get stuck in the black hole of the sorting centers

I think the least likely scenario is that AP have improved their service. I know it's almost Christmas and a time for miracles but...............

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

For a start ebay does not sell anything so you are comparing items from 2 different sellers on ebay.

The time your items take to be delivered depends entirely where they are coming from....you cannot compare delivery times when one item might be coming from WA and one from your own state.

Items requiring a signature that are addressed to your home address that cannot be delivered will be left at a post office, usually by 4pm on the day they are scheduled for delivery.  You would probably have to pick them up the next day.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@luihoan_0 wrote:
This is a great improvement , might be the result of Amazon partner. I live in Gold Coast so this speed of posting is indeed great to me anyways!!!

You can buy things on ebay & other sites but ebay plays no part in delivery. You're talking about Aust post by the sounds of it.

They do put on extra deliveries close to Christmas, so maybe that's it.

I can't see that Amazon would have the slightest thing to do with it.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Australia Post is a bit random. They do not guarantee a delivery date for a regular service, so you cannot count on the scheduled date whatsoever. Most of the time they do a good job and deliver the parcels on time. At times, they are very frustratingly slow and send your stuff on a round-the-country-in-80-days journey. Sometimes they even lose your stuff.

If you pay for Express, though, and your area is covered by their Express network, then they can guarantee a next day delivery. I have had some on the same day in the same city.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

They usually make an effort at this time of the year.

As Lyndal said, you aren't necessarily comparing apples.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@melbourneclearance wrote:

Australia Post is a bit random. They do not guarantee a delivery date for a regular service, so you cannot count on the scheduled date whatsoever. Most of the time they do a good job and deliver the parcels on time. At times, they are very frustratingly slow and send your stuff on a round-the-country-in-80-days journey. Sometimes they even lose your stuff.

If you pay for Express, though, and your area is covered by their Express network, then they can guarantee a next day delivery. I have had some on the same day in the same city.

OP said when the tracking shows scheduled delivery that day, so they weren't talking about ebay's delivery estimates.  

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I wasn't talking about ebay's estimates either...

When Australia Post has an actual action item that says the item is right now on the way to you (Delivery today or something) then it is correct, but their mere schedyled date for delivery is not always correct.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

AP are still bedding down thjeir new automated mail sorting system.  It is doing some crazy things, such as returning an item to the senders address on the envelope or sending and item to the wrong mail distribution centre.  The latter can/will extend delivery time by up to 2 weeks

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply