Bidding on Auctions

Hey eBay please get your act together as I'm getting sick and tired of putting in a bid thinking that the bid price showing on the item is say for instance $6 and then when I go to put a bid of say $6.05 the actual bid is higher than $6 to start off with.

How about updating the highest bid on an item immediately for **bleep**s sake!

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Bidding on Auctions

I've gone to make plenty of bids tonight and its happened in 80% of bids lol,is it just my computer not keeping up with eBay's well organised auction system? hahahaha

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

If the current highest bid is $6 but the highest bidder has a higher prox vote of say, $8 then when you go to make another bid you have to bid higher than the other bidder's proxy so you would have to bid $8.50 or more

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

I think what is happening to eezie is something I have also seen.

You select the listing and it says lets say $10 then put a bid of 15 and next page says you have been outbid, 16.

Then you go back to the listing and it still shows $10. Even if you re-open a new search it will show as $10.

image host
Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

Grays used to frustrate me because the price showing is actually the start price so when you click into the listing the price is higher because bids have taken place - perhaps Ebay are doing this now to 'encourage' buyers to click into the listing - or more likely, just to frustrate buyers/provide a better buying experience Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

I've had it happen whereby the auction is saying $6, I put a bid of $20 on and it's saying I've been outbid at $8. It says under the box that my maximum bid is $20 so it's registered it. I have missed out on items that sold for less than my maximum bid. Very frustrating, especially when it's a situation like Stawks, where you know you will be able to resell for an insane profit.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

You're half correct kopes in my situation,the part about still showing the original amount.

My situation is when on the search page an item will show that it has a bid of say $10 so when I click on the heading of the listing and it takes you to the actual listing page it actually has say $20 as the bidding amount and not the $10 it showed on the search page.

So it's deceiving me because I'm thinking it's only $10 so I want to bid the next increment which could be as little as 50c but bam it's $20.

What my beef here is that it should show that it is $20 on the search page dam it lol.

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

And now I'm getting sick and tired of bidders bidding in the last couple of hours of an auction ending and the retracting their bid.

Ebay should make it even for those late bidders who only bid once not to be able to retract their bids for **bleep** sakes.

Why can a late bidder retract with no repercussions and others can't retract within 12 hours?

Fair playing field for all would be good lol,starting to pee me off Woman Frustrated

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

I know you're all saying to yourselves why is eezi complaining?

I'm complaining because I see that I'm not going to win an auction as I'm no longer the highest bidder so then I move on to the next item as I don't wish to bid any higher than I have with the other,only to get a message saying congratulations you've won.

Huh what the fudge have I won?

Why have I won I wasn't winning and now I have to fork out money that I don't have because I've moved on.

This is total bull**bleep** and if eBay don't put a stop to this I'll have no choice but to not pay for something I thought I didn't win.Woman Tongue

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

Bid your max late in the auction. That way you win or lose, at a price you're prepared to pay.

That way you won't even notice bid retractions, much less be affected by them.

If you choose to nibble bid from early on, this is what happens.

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

I understand your point dave but I usually put in an opening bid and then during the auction I will then put in my max and then I either win or I get outbid.

Happy to win but not happy when I'm outbid and moved on to then find out I won.

So from now on I will do as you have suggested.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply