Confusing Feedback

I have just been doing a bit of a search for a particular item and when checking seller feedback was a tad concerned.  One seller in particular with large nos had just a few neutral & negs.  Not sufficient to turn me off completely but when actually reading comments most probably should have been pos. 

Negs:

Great item just love it.

Will be back again

Super fast service and product.

Neut:

Good product but probs with click & collect

Quicker than I expected

Really good seller

After checking they were not revised and have left me scratching my head. 

I just dont understand.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Confusing Feedback

Often feedback like that is because it's being left using a mobilephone.

The pos n neg buttons are very close and is easy to not notice if the wrong one is selected until after feedback is left.

Then of course a buyer cannot revise unless sent a feedback revision request by the seller.

So I guess many sellers don't bother with it.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Confusing Feedback

How disappointing for the poor seller Smiley Sad

Back in the day, if you attempted to leave Neut or Neg Feedback, you were prompted and questioned as to whether or not you really meant to leave that feedback & by memory even questioned as to whether it was warranted - I wonder does that not happen any more ?

And with the new policy of sellers droppping below certain standards incurring a 2% increase in FVF's, maybe more sellers will be asking for revisions - just a thought . . . . . . .

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Confusing Feedback

I have seen a lot of this.  I sometimes wonder if the buyers understanding of English is poor.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Confusing Feedback

Negative and positive are universal enough. Can't use that "I don't understand English" line. Also, the buyer understood enough to buy and leave feedback.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Confusing Feedback

@mbselections00wrote:

How disappointing for the poor seller Smiley Sad

Back in the day, if you attempted to leave Neut or Neg Feedback, you were prompted and questioned as to whether or not you really meant to leave that feedback & by memory even questioned as to whether it was warranted - I wonder does that not happen any more ?

And with the new policy of sellers droppping below certain standards incurring a 2% increase in FVF's, maybe more sellers will be asking for revisions - just a thought . . . . . . .

Yes it does.  They ask you if you are certain that you want to leave neg/neut fb

before you can proceed you have to answer.

And you can't leave a neg for 7 days after the sale.

They like you to 'cool down' obviously

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Confusing Feedback

And you can't leave a neg for 7 days after the sale.

I thought that was only applicable to powersellers.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Confusing Feedback

Related image  Then I bow to your wisdom
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Confusing Feedback

I wouldn't let that feedback turn you off buying from those sellers.

I doubt there is much wrong with their English, but the buyers have pressed the wrong button somehow, either that or they are numpties. It's not the seller at fault anyway

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply