Dishonest seller selling junk as new

kjonas75
Community Member

Purchased a new electric pump Carter P4600HP from a seller based in Canada.

Item received was non-operational, and seller advised no return / no warranty.

I left a negative feedback and below is the reply I received from the seller:-

"No I ll keep the money Thanks, Nice when i get old junk for free and can sell it to people like you, you think you one negative feed back really effects me lololol HAHAHA".

The seller has admitted to selling old junk listed as new, then boasted about it.

I have since raised the issue with Visa who will take up the case with Ebay / Paypal.

I no longer feel safe buying on Ebay unfortunately, and hope such sellers can be removed.

KJ

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

kjonas75
Community Member
Mocking an honest feedback must be a new way of retaining customers, and seems to have worked out fantastic for the seller. The fact is I was sold junk, that was advertised new and the seller was fully aware (that's fraud).

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply

Seller has left you a green dot with a negative comment.

You can have that removed, and they will get a slap from ebay.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Surely you read the seller's feedback before buying.....93.8% is terrible.

The seller only has paypal as a payment method.....why didn't you open a dispute immediately?   Before you open the dispute, opt into the paypal return postage offer and you will not be out of pocket at all.

It is a lot quicker and cheaper than a Visa chargeback.  You will be responsible for paying the return postage...tracked and signed for.

No return only means no returns for change of mind...the seller has to accept a return if the item does not work.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Actually I have always had much faster response using Visa.

Seller only had a few negative feedback previously.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

It is not the number of negative feedback that the seller has but the percentage.  He does not make many sales so even 2 negatives is going to have an effect on his percentage.

Isn't it expensive to send the items back overseas?  At least with the paypal return postage offer you don't have to worry about that.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Seller will be made to pay for item if he / she wants it back and it is around $60AUD.

Seller clearly commited fraud by selling junk as new (then boasting and admitting) and Visa has been made aware.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Does Visa make the seller pay the return postage now?

It is a fair while since I did a chargeback and I had to pay the return postage with registered post (as it was back then).  I also had to pay to get a copy of the signature returned to me.  As this often took several weeks to be returned it made it a slow process...paypal was much faster.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

kjonas75
Community Member
Had an issue on Amazon and seller had to pay for shipping they incorrectly mixed up (they refused until Visa and Amazom stepped in).
Visa has already provided me a refund while investigations are completed.

Seller clearly knew they were selling item falsely advertised and with clear intention of fraud. Although I was amazed they admitted to it and boasted about it (which I have passed onto the Visa seurity team as proof).
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Isn't it expensive to send the items back overseas?  At least with the paypal return postage offer you don't have to worry about that.

lyndal, the Paypal "return postage offer" has a limit of $45.00, that pump may cost more than that with tracking to return to Canada.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

@kjonas75 wrote:

Purchased a new electric pump Carter P4600HP from a seller based in Canada.

Item received was non-operational, and seller advised no return / no warranty.

I left a negative feedback and below is the reply I received from the seller:-

"No I ll keep the money Thanks, Nice when i get old junk for free and can sell it to people like you, you think you one negative feed back really effects me lololol HAHAHA".

The seller has admitted to selling old junk listed as new, then boasted about it.

I have since raised the issue with Visa who will take up the case with Ebay / Paypal.

I no longer feel safe buying on Ebay unfortunately, and hope such sellers can be removed.

KJ

The seller isn't necessarily admitting to selling you junk, they're mocking the feedback you left for them.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

kjonas75
Community Member
Mocking an honest feedback must be a new way of retaining customers, and seems to have worked out fantastic for the seller. The fact is I was sold junk, that was advertised new and the seller was fully aware (that's fraud).
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply