FEEDBACK AFTER 30 DAYS

IT IS MY OPINION THAT IT SEEMS UNFAIR THAT FEESBACK CANNOT BE SHOWN FOR THE SELLER AFTER 30 DAYS,

AS A BUYER I HAVE DEALT WITH SOME WONDERFUL KIND PATIENT SELLERS WITH GREAT STORES.   MOST OF THEM ARE IN CHINA AND FREE POSTAGE ITEMS CAN TAKE 4-6 WEEKS TO REACH ME.   THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE SELLER AND I FEEL THEY ARE BEING OSTRACISEDF BECAUSE OF THIS RULING.

MAYBE NOTHING CAN BE DONE BUT I JUST WANTED TO PUT IN MY PENNYWORTH ON THIS MATTER CHEERS  TRIXIE

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: FEEDBACK AFTER 30 DAYS

Not quite sure what you are saying -

You have 60 days to leave feedback for a seller (and buyer) and the feedback is visible for all to see for a very long time.

Do you have a question you need answering ?

If you have left it too long to leave feedback, then it must be longer that 60 days, not 30

If it is the time it takes to arrive from China that is annoying to you, you need to understand that eBay has to have a cut off somewhere, and when you sell internationally this is something you accept.

you are most likely more bothered by this than the seller

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If I get something after the 60 day cut off has passed, I send the seller a short message letting them know the package has arrived, thanking them very much. I also tell them that their great packaging efforts have not gone unnoticed. I tell them how happy I am with everything and will more than likely buy from them again.

Each seller has replied and said that getting a personal message like that is much more rewarding than getting generic public feedback. Of course other buyers can't see that message, but the sellers seem to appreciate it.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

HI, NO I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE TIME IT COMES FROM CHINA.  I TRULY BELIEVED ALL FEEDBACK HAD TO BE IN BY  30 DAYS, SO I WAS CONCERNED THAT THE SELLER WAS NOT GETTING THE CREDIT THEY DESERVE,. AS I SAID BEFORE I AM AWARE OF THE DELAY FROM CHINA BECAUSE OF NOT PAYING FOR TRACKING.  MY DAUGHTER IS A SELLER AND I BELIEVE FROM HER THAT SELLERS HAVE A HARD TIME. BUYERS CAN CANCEL SALES AND TREAT SELLERS BADLY BUT LET A SELLER PUT ONE WORD OUT OF PLACE AND EBAY COMES DOWN ON THEM LIKE A TON OF BRICKS.       THIS TO ME IS UNFAIR.       I'M ALL FOR THE SELLER, EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT ONE MYSELF.   I DON'T THINK I COULD HANDLE ALL THE PACKAGING.     HOWEVER  I DO DRAW THE LINE AT SELLERS SAYING    PICK UP ONLY WHEN IT IS A DOLL WHICH CAN BE PACKAGED, ADMITTEDLY WITH A BIT OF TROUBLE,     EVEN IF IT IS IN MY OWN STATE,  THE ONLY TRANSPORT I HAVE IS MY WALKER, SO POSTAGE IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN RECEIVE GOODS.       BELIEVE ME  I TRULY BELIEVED I READ THAT FEEDBACK HAD TO BE DONE WITHIN 30 DAYS.      I HAVE BEEN WAITING 6 WEEKS FOR A PARCEL.  ONE HAS COME THROUGH BUT NOT THE OTHER ANDS I BELIEVE THE POOR SELLER IS ALMOST TEARING HER HAIR OUT.    I AM VERY PATIENT AND TRUST THIS SELLER IMPLICITLY. NOW I WILL GET BACK IN MY LITTLE BOX.                                                  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

brugee1937 welcome to the boards. I think its terrific you took the time and courage to put up a post. It does not matter that you were a little confused about the length of time a buyer has to leave feedback.

Please continue to contribute on these boards. I for one welcome you !

Merry Chritsmas to you too.

Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Are you waiting for items to arrive from China? I know there have been huge delays with items sent from mid to late October. Some buyers have finally received theirs in the last week or so. I've got some of mine now, but am still awaiting on 2 (both reputable sellers, so I'm not worried).

Shipments sent in November all only took 2 weeks, so not sure what happened with the October shipments. Maybe the shipping container took a world tour!

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@retailtherapist_8 wrote:

brugee1937 welcome to the boards. I think its terrific you took the time and courage to put up a post. It does not matter that you were a little confused about the length of time a buyer has to leave feedback.

Please continue to contribute on these boards. I for one welcome you !

Merry Chritsmas to you too.

Smiley Happy 

But turn the Caps Lock OFF.

Normal text is acceptable. And easier to read.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply