False and misleading advertising

poagi
Community Member

I am sick and tired of 'Australian' sellers selling their 'Australian' wares that have a listed item location in 'Australia' to realise that my Paypal account gets debited in favour of some 'nebulous' Chinese operation and goods dispatched from a Chinese sweat shop with an attendant displaying next to no command of the English written word. Worse, Ebay turns a blind eye as witnessed by their cryptic policies and general customer service incompetence.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Are you forgetting that the Ebay staff themselves are located in such locations. We are the foreighners here as far as they are concerned. Ebay is not "turning a blind eye" They are blatently promoting their own and laughing at your failure to understand this!

Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

Yes I perfectly understand where you are coming from.

When buying, if it isn't clear where the item really is - I ask, another hint is from the postage times. Most good Australian sellers of items which are in their stock will have a 3-5 day postage time and a 1 day handling. Also their postage prices will be more expensive because of Australia Posts very high postage charges compared with those from overseas.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

Its simple really if the item is coming from within OZ you will have it within 7 - 8 days about a week, if its coming from HK it will take 14 - 21 days, if I purchase from a claimed Oz seller and the item comes from HK I am very negative about being conned and my feedback warns future buyers of the con.

Leave suitable FB, stars and move on

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

yes it frustrates me too

Im an Australian Seller directly competing with the Asian sellers who sell similar items to what I sell.

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

yes that's true

look at the sellers feedback and the postage times

usually packages in Australia arrive 3 - 10 days standard post

if the seller needs 3 - 4 weeks its an overseas item

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

yes it frustrates me too

Im an Australian Seller directly competing with the Asian sellers who sell similar items to what I sell.

As a buyer it really annoys me when I have opted to pay a little extra to support a local seller and get the item quicker I still end up waiting  3 weeks, and believe me I let the seller know I am not happy about it.

If all buyers hit the shonks they would stop doing it very quickly

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

There is also a specific category for misleading item location in the report link on all items.

image host
Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

yes it frustrates me too

Even worse still is when the Asian item is an illegal inferior quality copy that does not meet Australian standards and you receive an abusive email asking why you aren't selling it at the same price.

Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

agreed nothing but a ripoff

Message 10 of 37
Latest reply