Gift Card balance deducted by ebay after unsuccesful transation

I have 725 balance on ebay gift cards that linked to my ebay account, because I returned the order purchesed with the gift card, so the gift cards were linked to my account after the return.

I was buying a very popular item on ebay, that only have three left in stock, but many people was tring to buy it, why? because it was listed on Ozbargain.

I was in the final step, the item cost 999, I used a ebay 20% off coupon code, reduced to 799, with my gift card balance of 725, I only need to pay 74 out of my paypal account. but after I click confirm the payment, it went into an error, I believe because multi people trying to buy a single item that have limited stock wihich is three, the promotion code start woking at 10am, so, yes, I think we all doing it at the same time. After the order went into an error, I went back the previous page, and find my gift card had dispeared from my account. I called the ebay customer service stright away, don't think they belive what I am talking about, since the transation that went into an error had no record in my account. It is very hard for me to find those physical gift card, I thought they are linked to my account, and put them somewhere that I cound not remember. I have the evidence from paypal account regarding the refund of 775 worth gift card, and there is 2 transation that total deducted 50 from gift card balance, it could prove that I should have 725 left in my account.

Please help me out, I really dont want to pay for ebay's system glitch.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are not contacting ebay or paypal here.....the boards are run by volunteer members and we don't have the authority to access your account.

Ring paypal on their 1800 Freecall number and sort it out with them....they are very helpful.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@ibeyondwu wrote:

I have 725 balance on ebay gift cards that linked to my ebay account, because I returned the order purchesed with the gift card, so the gift cards were linked to my account after the return.

I was buying a very popular item on ebay, that only have three left in stock, but many people was tring to buy it, why? because it was listed on Ozbargain.

I was in the final step, the item cost 999, I used a ebay 20% off coupon code, reduced to 799, with my gift card balance of 725, I only need to pay 74 out of my paypal account. but after I click confirm the payment, it went into an error, I believe because multi people trying to buy a single item that have limited stock wihich is three, the promotion code start woking at 10am, so, yes, I think we all doing it at the same time. After the order went into an error, I went back the previous page, and find my gift card had dispeared from my account. I called the ebay customer service stright away, don't think they belive what I am talking about, since the transation that went into an error had no record in my account. It is very hard for me to find those physical gift card, I thought they are linked to my account, and put them somewhere that I cound not remember. I have the evidence from paypal account regarding the refund of 775 worth gift card, and there is 2 transation that total deducted 50 from gift card balance, it could prove that I should have 725 left in my account.

Please help me out, I really dont want to pay for ebay's system glitch.

Hi ibeyondwu, sorry to hear from your situation. Thanks for posting this too. It's always good to hear about other situations that we're not familiar with.  A somewhat complex scenario too. If you get no joy from Ebay, I hope a helpful member will come here and give you some pointers on what to do. Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply