Help, I live remotely, I have no address in town for a courier delivery.

Hi, would it be possible for vendors to state the courier they are using, and making it known to them, that the item has to be picked up at their trucking depot?

Otherwise, I will not be able to order items delivered by couriers, on many occassions, in the future.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Probably not, high volume sellers, the ones most likely to use couriers, will probably use several different ones depending on what is purchased and where it is going. All you can do is contact the seller before buying to ask which service they will use.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

We bought an item from a seller who said to contact them for postage cost as they used a courier service. We told them we lived in a rural area to which couriers wouldn't deliver & asked them to quote the cost for Australia Post delivery (which we still have to pick up from the nearest post office as we don't have parcel delivery). They were quite happy to do this - as long as we were paying the postage cost they didn't mind who did the actual delivery.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Generally the item, if it can't be delivered will automatically be left at the depot. The courier will have your phone number or email and you should be informed. In most remote areas only a limited amount of couriers will be affected and may have a single drop off point.

In my case just about all large courier parcels are delivered to my local town farm supplies business.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Unless it's TNT. I had an express parcel from overseas that took 5 days to get here from china then sat at the depot outside on a pallet in the weather (electronics too) for 15 days before I had to drive and pick it up. My number was on it but no call.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you for your replies. I will try and persevere with this issue. I might go see our small town transport companies.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Probably not, high volume sellers, the ones most likely to use couriers, will probably use several different ones depending on what is purchased and where it is going. All you can do is contact the seller before buying to ask which service they will use.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

We bought an item from a seller who said to contact them for postage cost as they used a courier service. We told them we lived in a rural area to which couriers wouldn't deliver & asked them to quote the cost for Australia Post delivery (which we still have to pick up from the nearest post office as we don't have parcel delivery). They were quite happy to do this - as long as we were paying the postage cost they didn't mind who did the actual delivery.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Generally the item, if it can't be delivered will automatically be left at the depot. The courier will have your phone number or email and you should be informed. In most remote areas only a limited amount of couriers will be affected and may have a single drop off point.

In my case just about all large courier parcels are delivered to my local town farm supplies business.

Latest reply

Unless it's TNT. I had an express parcel from overseas that took 5 days to get here from china then sat at the depot outside on a pallet in the weather (electronics too) for 15 days before I had to drive and pick it up. My number was on it but no call.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you for your replies. I will try and persevere with this issue. I might go see our small town transport companies.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply