How do I stop people looking at what I have purchased on eBay and stalking me

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If people are stalking you,I would strongly suggest you reporting them to the police

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Start another account,use it for buying only and make the feedback private:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/feedback/profile-public-private.html

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

They can only see what you have bought for a very limited time. YOUR feedback does not show what you have bought. Your sellers' will, but that assumes somebody would know from whom you bought, which would indicate they have access to your account. Which is a whole other issue.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

has anyone been stalking you?  If you have received unsolicited messages via eBay you can report the sender.

If it is family or friends that are snooping on your eBay activity then you need to make your feedback private (but you are not able to sell on an account with private feedback).  Also, make sure you log out of eBay every time you leave your computer/tablet/phone unattended as some of these will keep you logged in even if you close the viewing tab.  

Another way to lesson the chance of someone snooping on your buying habits is to stop leaving feedback for sellers.  Feedback is voluntary.  By looking at your feedback left for others (and a little bit of sleuthing) I was able to find out what you have bought for the last 6 months for those sellers that you left feedback for, and it only took a few minutes.  Some sellers will only leave you feedback once you leave them +ve feedback, so you will not receive as much feedback if you stop leaving it for sellers. This will not be a problem if feedback count is of little importance for you.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Just looking at your ebay ID and then your topic.

I'm not sure why anyone is looking at what you buy or stalking you.

But if you buy anything on ebay and resell it on ebay, don't do it under the same account name.

And don't relist it straight away, wait a few weeks. Give it a different title as far as possible and different photos.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply