Huge influx of fake Gucci bags

This week there's been a huge number of fake Gucci bags listed. All by zero feedback sellers with the same sort of stock photos, same price and postage cost and only slight variations in listing text. If you search Gucci bag (particularly the Marmont line) within Australia I'm sure you'll see it.

I reported about 50 of these earlier in the week which were all removed, but they're back. Obviously it's a group of people or one person with a bunch of fake items and it's tedious to report every listing, is their a quicker way to indicate the influx of counterfeit bags to ebay?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You want to check out the Fine Jewellery section....used. A huge amount of Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Tiffany, etc...all zero feedback from all over Australia and all 'genuine'. Looks like a concerted effort in a few catagories of high end stuff.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I can only get the 'chat with us' at the moment, will try again later.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Oh really? Ugh. Sounds about right .
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I have notice the -email us- option disappearing from ebay faster than a one legged man in a butt kicking compition. 

I recon the live chat will be next. Using only phones people cant use the - but you said- when complaing about advice given by ebay - unlike email and live chat where you get a record of who said what. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

It's annoying, there's 60 new counterfeit bags listed every day and I can't even email them.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@queenwaldorf

I can imagine how hair-tearing-out that feels. You can only hope that not too many buyers will fall prey to the counterfeit bags in the interim.

Gucci bags... One of the few Gucci bag designs that appeals to me is the Re(BELLE) (large red bag). (Most of the other Gucci bag designs look tacky to me.) However, at over $3,600, that is not so much a bag as it is a hand-held gasconade.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Exactly! They're pretty good fakes, so I can see how people might be duped and I would definitely prefer scammers not to make any money so it's frustrating. The only Gucci bag I like is the Soho in black, but I'm loathe to pay full price and there's so many fakes around I don't think I'm destined to have one.
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@queenwaldorf

If I were ever on the hunt for a designer bag, knowing I'd be paying an outrageous premium for the name rather than for the substance, I'd plump for Chanel because of the elegance. Many designer items just look ugly or ridiculous to me.

But ... I have found truly beautiful bags that are excellent quality and will last a lifetime, which appeal to me. I'd much rather pay for quality than for a label!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply