I thought you could only say that you sell from australia if you were in australia

I bought a handbag which was supposed to be in sydney but it has been posted from china

I thought Ebay stopped people from doing that

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: I thought you could only say that you sell from australia if you were in australia

I'm not sure ebay have any interest whatsoever in stopping it, they have no reason to care

They are of course 100% aware of it and it is very very very common

Just as sellers based in countries in Asia lie and pretent they are based in somewhere like Darwin

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: I thought you could only say that you sell from australia if you were in australia

bof2814-0
Community Member

One way to check is by looking at the negative feedback any slow delivery should raise a red flag! you can leave similar feedback to warn others if you wish

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I'm not sure ebay have any interest whatsoever in stopping it, they have no reason to care

They are of course 100% aware of it and it is very very very common

Just as sellers based in countries in Asia lie and pretent they are based in somewhere like Darwin

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

bof2814-0
Community Member

One way to check is by looking at the negative feedback any slow delivery should raise a red flag! you can leave similar feedback to warn others if you wish

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Often when you click on feedback they show as being an Asian (usually Chinese) registration for the ID.

As others have said eBay has no interest in stopping the practice, and it would be up to the site the seller's registered in anyway - can't ever see the Chinese site penalising their members.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

What was estimated delivery date, and can they meet that?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

no doubt it would have been an ebay fantasy 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

It did not arrive on time
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply