I went to purchase item number 263588426133. on the page I was offered a 10% discount with code PAY

I went to purchase item number 263588426133.  on the page I was offered a 10% discount with code PAYBACK to be entered at checkout.

I commited to buy and was taken to checkout but there was no place to enter the discount code.  Thinking it would come up when I pressed he payment button I pressed it and my purchased was finalised.  No opportunity to enter the discount code and so NO discount. Not happy

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I went to purchase item number 263588426133. on the page I was offered a 10% discount with code PAY

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Accofding to that screenie, the discount should have applied.

Click on the Help button at the top of the page.

Scroll to the bottom of that page and get ebay to call you back.

You'll get better service, quickly, if they call you.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The voucher code box is at the bottom of the payment page where the total amount of the invoice shows.  You enter the code, click on Apply and the total alters to reflect the discount.

You may be able to get the discount applied if you ring ebay.....but don't hold your breath as they are just as likely to refuse.  It very much depends on who you speak to.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@pilbararev wrote:

I went to purchase item number 263588426133.  on the page I was offered a 10% discount with code PAYBACK to be entered at checkout.

I commited to buy and was taken to checkout but there was no place to enter the discount code.  Thinking it would come up when I pressed he payment button I pressed it and my purchased was finalised.  No opportunity to enter the discount code and so NO discount. Not happy

Never press the final payment button on ANY site till your voucher code has been entered and the adjusted price is showing.

I used a 10% off code recently. What i did was placed my item in the cart, rather than go straight to checkout.

I don't know if that made the difference but I found a place to put in the voucher code when I did it that way.

Ideally, there would be a spot to enter your voucher code however you chose to buy, but I remembered reading on here once that it only came up for some people if they placed things in the cart, which is why I did it that way.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply