International Priority Shipping is the worst postage on the planet.

I have used many and various postal companies when buying from overseas buyers but the worst by far has been International Priority Mail....the worst of the worst. It is slow. It provides nor tracking resource. Ebay were useless at providing a explanation and the seller had no idea as to the parcels tracking details and kept throwing it back to EBay and vice versa. It was extremely expensive and from the experience so far I would not ever use this service for anything. I purchased from overseas, had no say in the postage method but payed for the postage thinking it was quick given the cost. Far from the truth.....useless.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

International Priority Shipping is the worst postage on the planet.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

From your description I am assuming you are talking about the GSP.  It is not International Priority shipping which is a USPS service from the USA.

The GSP is a courier service and despite being labelled a Priority service it is definitely not a fast service....but it is expensive.  The seller sends the parcel to Erlanger KY via USPS where it is prepared for international shipping via FedEx couriers.

Many sellers have no idea that the item has been sold to an overseas buyer as they are given a US address for shipping.  They never see the payment of the second shipping amount.

I have always found the tracking to be very good on the GSP.....have you tried clicking on the actual number that you were given?  That usually opens up the tracking.  Once the item has left the USA you may or may not be given another tracking number.  All you can do is click on the actual number.

You are not forced to use the GSP....you can ask the seller to use the USPS instead.  Some will do so, some will not.  If they refuse then look elsewhere for a seller who does not use it or will change the listing.

The GSP has been in use for some years now and is not popular with Australian buyers....read the boards and see what members think of it. 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply