International purchase 8 days ago, being posted via the GSP. no tracking information

Hello Everyone.  Purchased an item 8 days ago.  It is through the Global shipping program. The item was

marked as posted day after purchase. The tracking information remains unchanged.  It states ''A tracking number was provided''  

I contacted the seller on day 6, and again today, day 8.  Explained the tracking information, asked if they could check to see if all is well, and let me know. No response from initial contact with seller.  Nothing yet with second query. Nothing else I can do. Have to wait until the estimated date of arrival; mid July.  Anyone else experienced lack of tracking information through the GSP? It's not nice. 

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

International purchase 8 days ago, being posted via the GSP. no tracking information

Hi, glen--jamesfamily,

You'll see a myriad of threads on these boards about the GSP!

Be prepared to wait; the GSP is not a fast service. The goods are sent by the seller to Erlanger, Kentucky, where Pitney Bowes (a logistics company) will check the parcel, prepare it for Customs, possibly repackage it, etc. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the repackaging is poor, but there's no avoiding it.

Once PB have (finally) prepared the parcel for international forwarding to you, it will leave Erlanger and start on its way. As I understand it, there will then be a different tracking number (the previous tracking number is for the portion of the delivery process that takes the parcel from seller to KY).

It is not a priority service, even though eBay's way of wording it seems to say it is. It will probably get to you within 3 weeks.

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Have you tried the tracking number on the USPS site.   The seller will post via USPS to Erlanger KY and it can take quite a long time to get there.

Once it arrives at the Global Shipping depot it can take up to a week, sometimes more, before it is handed to FedEx for delivery to Australia.  You should get a new tracking number when this happens.

Just be aware that the seller has no way of trackig the item once it leaves the USPS system and arrives in Erlanger....it is useless to ask him.

Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

Good Afternoon Lyndal,  Yes, re the USPS site.  The information there is:  

Label created, not yet in system.

A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS.

I have also checked on the 17track  dot net international parcel tracking website.  No information there either. 

Will just have to wait by the looks of it.  

Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

Good afternoon Countessaalmirena,  

Thanks for reply,  I hope so.  On the Usps website the tracking states 'Label created, not yet in system' 

Which is different to the information I do have. (A tracking number was provided)

I will just have to wait and see. 

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

The GSP tracking often does not show on any other tracking site so do not be surprised if you cannot find it.

The message on the USPS site often means the same as it does here.....the seller has created a label but not yet posted the item....OR he may have sent it but it has not been scanned into the system.

What is the seller's handling time....if it is a week or so he may not have sent it yet.

Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

You could also try this site: https://parceltracking.pb.com/home It is their own website, so it should update more frequently.

I have only used the GSP twice since it was introduced though and am certainly not a fan.

Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

An update.  

Information from Pitney Bowes company regarding the tracking and trying to gather information about my purchase.  told to contact ebay, of which I cannot do anything until the estimated date of arrival has been reached.  

There needs to be some serious changes in the system, seriously, Now I am ANGRY. 

Should just be able to contact and have it resolved. 

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:It is not a priority service, even though eBay's way of wording it seems to say it is. It will probably get to you within 3 weeks.

On ebay.co.uk it is often called "Express Postage to Australia", which is really ridiculous. I am suprised they can use such a misleading terminology if it actually takes longer than with Royal Mail.

Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

Thanks Mariq,  Yeah, tried that.

This is the information from that exercise:   ""This is not recognized as a valid order number/e-mail in our system. Please check the number and try again""

And, yes, I did triple check the tracking number that was provided. It was correct. 

Message 10 of 38
Latest reply