International purchase 8 days ago, being posted via the GSP. no tracking information

Hello Everyone.  Purchased an item 8 days ago.  It is through the Global shipping program. The item was

marked as posted day after purchase. The tracking information remains unchanged.  It states ''A tracking number was provided''  

I contacted the seller on day 6, and again today, day 8.  Explained the tracking information, asked if they could check to see if all is well, and let me know. No response from initial contact with seller.  Nothing yet with second query. Nothing else I can do. Have to wait until the estimated date of arrival; mid July.  Anyone else experienced lack of tracking information through the GSP? It's not nice. 

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

International purchase 8 days ago, being posted via the GSP. no tracking information

@family_gj_aj_dd wrote:

Thanks Mariq,  Yeah, tried that.

This is the information from that exercise:   ""This is not recognized as a valid order number/e-mail in our system. Please check the number and try again""

And, yes, I did triple check the tracking number that was provided. It was correct. 

Have you tried "Search by Parcel ID"? That's actually the tracking number, the order number will appear in red over the parcel ID on the right and will end in AU and is not the same as the tracking number or parcel ID.

Message 11 of 38
Latest reply

@family_gj_aj_dd wrote:

On the Usps website the tracking states 'Label created, not yet in system' 

Which is different to the information I do have. (A tracking number was provided)

It sounds as if the seller has printed off a postage label, but not yet lodged the item.

If the seller isn't responding to messages either, then something such as a health problem could have intervened before they managed to get to the post office.

Message 12 of 38
Latest reply

@family_gj_aj_dd wrote:

Thanks Mariq,  Yeah, tried that.

This is the information from that exercise:   ""This is not recognized as a valid order number/e-mail in our system. Please check the number and try again""

And, yes, I did triple check the tracking number that was provided. It was correct. 

You have already said that it is a USPS tracking number.....it cannot possibly show on the GSP website as they have not yet received it.

You will get a new number when it arrives at Erlanger.

Message 13 of 38
Latest reply

I bought an item from the UK only recently (my second GSP purchase ever) because I saw an auction not long before it ended and the price was exactly the same as Royal Mail for some reason (normal Royal Mail, not the discounted postage business sellers who have a business account with Royal Mail get). The seller gave me a GSP tracking number that worked on the PB site from the very beginning (BEFORE being processed at the GS centre in Lichtfield), although it did change when Australia Post got it of course. Maybe it is different with the USA.

Message 14 of 38
Latest reply

I bought an item from the UK only recently (my second GSP purchase ever) because I saw an auction not long before it ended and the price was exactly the same as Royal Mail for some reason (normal Royal Mail, not the discounted postage business sellers who have a business account with Royal Mail get). The seller gave me a GSP tracking number that worked on the PB site from the very beginning (BEFORE being processed at the GS centre in Lichtfield), although it did change when Australia Post got it of course. Maybe it is different with the USA.

Message 15 of 38
Latest reply

@family_gj_aj_dd wrote:

Hello Everyone.  Purchased an item 8 days ago.  It is through the Global shipping program. The item was

marked as posted day after purchase. The tracking information remains unchanged.  It states ''A tracking number was provided''  

I contacted the seller on day 6, and again today, day 8.  Explained the tracking information, asked if they could check to see if all is well, and let me know. No response from initial contact with seller.  Nothing yet with second query. Nothing else I can do. Have to wait until the estimated date of arrival; mid July.  Anyone else experienced lack of tracking information through the GSP? It's not nice. 

my recent experience with TGSP is, its expensive, tracking updates take a long time, you dont get many updates, Pitney Bowles open the sellers packing (not very carefully) then repack, then send the item on to the buyer who gets it........eventually.

mine was a week over due.

Message 16 of 38
Latest reply

I got a GSP tracking number from the very beginning (before it was processed at the GSP centre in Lichtfield) when I bought an item from the UK. I usually avoid it of course, but, well, the auction was almost over and it was the same price as Royal Mail.

Message 17 of 38
Latest reply

Different country, different carriers.

I used the GSP from the UK recently and it was a lot more efficient than the US one....as you say, one tracking number and much faster than the US but still much slower than Royal Mail.

Message 18 of 38
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Different country, different carriers.

I used the GSP from the UK recently and it was a lot more efficient than the US one....as you say, one tracking number and much faster than the US but still much slower than Royal Mail.

Definitely. Royal Mail usually arrives in about a week, which is really good. Not to mention that if you buy from a business seller you pay even less if they have a business account with them.

I just didn't have much time to ask as it was about a week before the GST and the auction itself had ended at a really good price and I thought if I ask for Royal Mail and the seller is busy and doesn't answer immediately and then takes some time to send me an invoice etc. etc. I might have to pay GST too and the price was the same anyway for some reason, that's why I went with it.

Message 19 of 38
Latest reply

It's possible that your seller has done was a lot of sellers do here. They print the postage label, then instead of taking it inside the PO to get a lodgement scan, they just drop it into the post box outside, or one close to their home. That means there will be no tracking updates until it goes through a sorting centre and is scanned, or it arrives at its destination. If that's what's happened with yours, you may not see a scan until it's marked as delivered in Kentucky.

It's risky for sellers not to get a lodgement scan, but some sellers don't have a choice. Their normal working hours don't allow them to get to a PO during business hours, so they just drop everything in the red box when they can. 

I've only bought a few things via GSP. I have no complaints for the service I received. Each package arrived at Erlanger pretty quickly, and were released inside 72 hours. All arrived in about 10 days. However, that's not how it normally is. It's not unheard of for it to take 2 weeks for parcels to leave Erlanger. I don't know why that happens, but I am assuming it's because they wait for a decent sized shipment to be ready to go to Australia.

Don't panic yet. It's still early days.

Message 20 of 38
Latest reply