Issues with posting and packaging

I bought 24 GLASS radio tubes from an American seller (I'm in Australia) they arrived with a note saying they had been repacked, well NO they had been unpacked and then just dumped back into the box!!!!

Not one single tube is undamaged!!!

What stupid fool thinks you can send glass half way around the world loose in a box!!

So in summery

1. Overcharged postage

2. Extra slow postage

3. Items all damaged

If I could leave negative feedback for PB I would

they are useless

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Issues with posting and packaging

Yes I don't buy from any sellers using <removed> anymore. Or if I do want something badly I will message seller and ask if they will send it direct.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

@howie696 wrote:

I bought 24 GLASS radio tubes from an American seller (I'm in Australia) they arrived with a note saying they had been repacked, well NO they had been unpacked and then just dumped back into the box!!!!

Not one single tube is undamaged!!!

What stupid fool thinks you can send glass half way around the world loose in a box!!

So in summery

1. Overcharged postage

2. Extra slow postage

3. Items all damaged

If I could leave negative feedback for PB I would

they are useless

Howie, presumably you'll be opening a SNAD dispute with PayPal...............

Wait until you discover the hoops you have to jump through there, on the good side If you talk to a PayPal supervisor you probably won't have to return them because of the broken glass.....

BUT to get all your postage back you have to go to PB for their part, not the seller, and they are notoriously difficult to get money out of.

Good luck with it.

I'm with Harley on this, I'll email the seller to ask for direct shipping rather than deal with them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

You should let the seller know about <removed> poor performance and service - it might make him think twice about using them in future if they're so careless with glass items.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

The mods have to follow the Board Usage Policy, as do we.

"Using, or posting material to, eBay’s discussion boards to discourage others from using eBay or its related services (including PayPal)."

Know the rules, stick to em, and you won't get edited or sanctioned.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

timinex
Community Member

Hi that is what i do not like about the GSP they take your securely packaged item out and just wrap it in a thin bit of plastic or a box with no padding and if you leave negative feedback for the seller because all you got was pieces of glass that will be removed automatically aswell.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I have had the misfortune to use this service several times, but they did not repackage anything.

even though they are paid to.

I was lucky.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@crikey*mate wrote:

The mods have to follow the Board Usage Policy, as do we.

"Using, or posting material to, eBay’s discussion boards to discourage others from using eBay or its related services (including PayPal)."

Know the rules, stick to em, and you won't get edited or sanctioned.

Hmmm, interesting Crikey, but I have to wonder if all threads (not just individual posts) relating to this shipping company are now likely to be removed? ( it would seem 2 have been removed here)

It would almost open a can of worms if anecdotal (and personal) evidence on these boards shows that there are serious problems with the company.

Head in the sand and cover up the problem syndrome perhaps (shades of the "hijack hunters" thread)

(watches worms.......................................)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Hi Padi

*warm smile*

perhaps, but then it is eBay's business and they get to make the rules of how they wish to operate it. There are other avenues a member can use to let eBay know that they are dissatisfied with something,

I doubt it's anything to do with them not wanting to know, more likely they don't want it published. Deindividuation runs through my mind here, not sure if this was the context intended for that term though.

To be fair, I wouldn't tolerate anyone publishing negative things about aspects of my business on my website. Think about it, we as sellers get cranky if a buyer negs us without contacting us first, same kind of thing, I guess,

=> . <=

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

How are we expected to answer questions about the expensive shipping charges from the USA and why tracking numbers show that a parcel is sightseeing in the USA before finally being sent to it's destination in Australia if we cannot mention the GSP or PB?

How do you explain that a so called Priority shipping service now takes up to 5 weeks from the USA to Australia when the USPS or an ordinary courier service used to do it in 4-5 days?

Perhaps the standard answer on the boards now should be to ask ebay to explain it as we are not allowed to?

Maybe if ebay fields as many questions as we do on the boards they might begin to understand the impact it is having on the buyers.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply