Item not arrived, seller gives no apology and just says be patient.

I'm in Victoria, and bought an item that is SUPPOSEDLY in NSW.

Purchased on the 24th June, got an email on the 25th saying it was posted. Come 5th July (the latest expected receive date) and it still hasn't arrived. So 10 days from a neighbouring state and no arrival.

Contacted the seller and this is the response a couple of days later:

Hi dear customer.

Thanks for your message.

Your item is now on its way to you.

I just urged it for you, plz kindly wait in more patience.

Hope you have a nice day.

Any problems plz contact with us.

Best regards.

Well that response just got my back up. No apology, no explanation why it's late, and to top it off I'm then told to be more patient.

So I emailed back to ask when I can expect it to arrive. I said if the expected arrival time is too long I'll ask for a refund. OR if I accept the new expected arrival time, but it does not arrive by that time, I'll demand a refund.

3 days later and no reply from the seller. Based of the "English" in the message shown, I'm guessing this item is not even coming from NSW and that's why it's taking so long.

There doesn't appear to be any tracking on this item, so does this mean I'm entitled to a refund. I don't really care if the item is on its way or not. I beleive this is yet another seller lying about their products being in Austalia when they are probably coming from China.

If we simply accept this deception, we only deserve more of it.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

If it is from the last seller who left you feedback,they are registered in China and more than likely that is where the item is coming from

The message is also the stock standard response in these cases

Have you tried opening an item not received case?

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

The message looks like Chinglish and you will probably see the item in 4-5 weeks if at all.

image host
Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Thanks guys.

Actually got a reply some time after I started this thread. More Chinglish it looks like:

We just urged it for you and the shipping company said, they have so many orders to send, and this week, your parcel could be updated.

Yes it really sounds like it's coming from my neighbouring state LOL.

Going to request a refund from Ebay.

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

My guess is that you will shortly get another message from them saying they will 'send it again'

Personally, I call bull-o-nee as it's been seen a million times before 

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

If the date is past the latest date in the eBay-generated estimated delivery range, you can report that it hasn't arrived, Don't close the case until you have been fully refunded.

Within this process, "Once you've told [the seller] there's a problem, the seller has 3 business days to provide a delivery update or give you a refund."

1. Go to Purchase history.
  2. Select More actions beside your item and then I didn't receive it.
  3. Tick the box beside I want a refund or I want the item.
  4. You have the option of adding a message to the seller.
  5. Select Send request.

Normally, I wouldn't advocate opening a dispute for non-arrival of an item if it's just a little past the latest estimate delivery date, but when it comes to items whose location is fraudulently misrepresented, I believe buyers are best off to act swiftly. That's why I would select "I want a refund". The seller (if it's the one who has given you feedback recently - terrarium?) does have an acceptable feedback score (99.8%), but it's very clear that the items are not in Australia. When you click onto the seller's Feedback Profile page, it states Member since: 14-Oct-17 in China.

Quite a lot of buyers are becoming frustrated by item misrepresentation.

Don't let the seller string you along. I think - assuming what you've posted is all correct and accurate - that obtaining a refund is probably your best course of action.

For future purchases, check the seller's feedback profile page to be sure you know where the seller is located.

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

I've also not batted an eyelid in the past if something is a little past the latest due delivery date. But when something has not arrived after 10 days from your neighbouring state, you start to get a little suspicious about where it's really coming from.

I've started the process, selecting "I want a refund" and also added a strong message to the seller.

This seller is REMOVED and I've bought a 10T hydraulic puller thingy.

Ebay have also sent me a message telling me to contact them directly if the seller does not respond in 3 days.

You know what, now that it's already late, and my opportunity to use it has gone, and I could actually wait, but it's simply the principle of the matter. I don't like being used, and mislead and lied to by a seller. I wanted this item quick for a job, so I looked for a local one only to have this happen. If the seller has indeed already posted it and he's forced to refund me, that's his/her tough luck for trying to mislead me.

It's the first time this has happened to me (that I'm aware of LOL) and today I Googled about the matter. It seems this has been going on for a few years and nothing much is being done about it by Ebay.

Buyers will want to try alternatives like Amazon, etc if they think they're at risk on Ebay.

Thanks again everyone for the input.

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

At least with Amazon you're guaranteed to only have Australian sellers to buy from. They spat the dummy on GST and geoblocked their other sites.

I doubt there will be many 10t puller thingys available, but you never know.

Ps: Didn't you think that an ID that included 'usa' might give a hint that they are not Australian?

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

At least with Amazon you're guaranteed to only have Australian sellers to buy from. They spat the dummy on GST and geoblocked their other sites.

I doubt there will be many 10t puller thingys available, but you never know.

Ps: Didn't you think that an ID that included 'usa' might give a hint that they are not Australian?

Re AM:

It seems that Amazon have rethought their position. One can't stipulate an Australian delivery address; that's the extent of it, so far as I can tell.

10t puller thingys - now you're getting too technical for me!

Agreed - USA in the username at the very least means "not Australian", yet AU in the username frequently means the same thing (i.e., "not Australian). It's not exclusively seen as a geo-lie, either; "verygenuine" as a username would have my caution activated at full strength.

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

......................and the seller's registered in China (as usual) with shocking feedback (not uncommon).......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 35
Latest reply