My item tracking says it's pending and seller hasn't replied

So I order an Optus voucher from a seller who has eBay premium services. He used Australia Express Post with a tracking number. eBay said on the page that item has been sent yesterday but the tracking says pending- no event yet until this morning. I contacted the seller twice this morning but have yet to get replied. What should I do?
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It could be that he has pre-paid express post stickers & either hasn't lodged it yet or dropped it an express post mail box in the street - in either case it probably wouldn't yet have been scanned by Australia Post. Also, as others have said, the website doesn't always update when it should.
As for the automated feedback, I never use it as I like to choose what feedback to leave for each buyer. It takes a bit longer, but is worthwhile, especially for regular buyers. I don't take any notice of an "excellent!" or some such left for every buyer as all it says to me is that the seller can't be bothered with their buyers.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If you only contacted them this morning, then you'll need to be a little more patient. Not everyone is by their computer/online 24/7

Ebay have no idea when something has been sent, the seller needs to mark it as sent

Often times Australia Post's website does not 'update' as often as it should. It would be great if AP were that fast and accurate, but their service is getting worse and worse, not better

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Is a 30$ voucher for 16$ too good to be true?
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I'd say so, if it was a buy it now price but that is just my opinion

What was the seller's feedback like? does it suggest they are less than honest  (without naming the seller here)

Were they (really) based in Australia?

Was it an auction or buy it now?

Was it a 'new' seller  (many new sellers believe ebay when they suggest starting things at 99 cents at auction, so that could be possible)

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

It's buy it now and seller in Australia or not I don't know. His name in PayPal isn't Chinese but a little bit Spanish.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

He has nothing but positive feedback sold 25 items already. Also, the feedback point is only 85 but provide eBay premium service
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Personally, I would just sit tight for now

AP website like I said, is'nt great. I have had letters/packages delivered (both ebay items and other things) and the website still says they are 'in transit' when they are sitting next to me on the lounge. Their updates are rather like cooking porridge......slow and thick 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

One significant thing is that why others leave auto feedback responder, this seller doesn't. First time I encounter this situation.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I very very rarely have had someone leave me auto feedback,(and then only when it is a 'big' store 

and I as a seller  have never once used it to leave feedback for anyone

I don't think that means very much at all really 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

It could be that he has pre-paid express post stickers & either hasn't lodged it yet or dropped it an express post mail box in the street - in either case it probably wouldn't yet have been scanned by Australia Post. Also, as others have said, the website doesn't always update when it should.
As for the automated feedback, I never use it as I like to choose what feedback to leave for each buyer. It takes a bit longer, but is worthwhile, especially for regular buyers. I don't take any notice of an "excellent!" or some such left for every buyer as all it says to me is that the seller can't be bothered with their buyers.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply