Paypal dispute. What happens if the seller does not respond ?

I recenty opened a dispute for item recieved is not a s decribed. I have sent messages to the seller, but he has not sent any replys back. What happens if the seller does not respond at all to the dispute i opened?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Paypal dispute. What happens if the seller does not respond ?

cease all contact with seller and let paypal do their job.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Give the seller 2 days to respond and if they do not then you need to escalate to a claim.

Paypal will then look at the messages and decide who they will find in favor of.

If it is you they will send you the address to return the item at your cost via trackable postage.

Keep an eye on the AP web site http://auspost.com.au/track/ and once you see it is delivered call paypal and you will be refunded the total amount you paid to the seller.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

The item that i am trying to get a refund on is a console which quite cost abit of money. What are my chances getting the refund?

And this is the dispute letter i wrote is. Is this good enough ?

The PS3 console i received does not match the seller's description. The seller stated that the Console has "Online Gaming Compatibility" in the Detailed Item Info section. When i received the the PS3 console, it did not have a working/functional Online Gaming Compatibility as stated. The PS3 Console is unable to play online and does not let me connect to Playstation Network because it is console banned. This should have been mentioned on the item condition as a Defect or Fault, instead it was quoted as "slightly used but still in very good condition". The Online Gaming Compatibility and being able to access the Playstation Network are standard PS3 functions. It is reasonable that these functions are expected on a PS3 console unless stated. The seller should have not stated that the console have Online Gaming Computability in the item description or at least stated that it was not working.

The Online Gaming Compatibility and accessing the Playstation Network is one of the MOST significant functions of a PS3, and is the reason i decided to buy a PS3.

Being labeled as "Used", the PS3 should be "Fully operational and functions as intended" . But it is not since the Console's Online Gaming Compatibility is not functional and cannot be used because it is banned, therefore it is not fully operational and functional. The ability to play online and used the Online Gaming Compatibility is a big part of a Playstation 3 console's function. The seller should have mentioned this on the item condition since its a big part of a PS3's function.

According to the Return Policy - Refunds by law, i have a legal right to obtain a refund since the PS3 is faulty(unable to play online), not fit for purpose(of playing online) and don't match the item description(it does not have the Online Gaming Compatibility as stated). And therefore i would like a refund!

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

escalate to a claim

paypal will give you the correct address to return the whole purchase, in the state it was received back to the Seller by fully trackable means, (signature on deliver is safest), at your cost.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

It really sad that the Buyer does so in good faith and then finds the Seller who has deliberately misrepresented the item gets away with it, AND the Buyer has to pay money returning it. I believe the Seller should be responsible for all postage charges if the claim is found to be against them.
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

robbopod, agree with you totally re the return postage paid by the seller who misdescibed their item!

The only problem is that there can't be a blanket cover for ALL sellers, in every situation to have to pay return postage to the buyer.

More often than not there is no fault, or such a small fault on a second hand item that it can't be seen easily and not recognised by PP as one.

Buyers will fabricate faults when making a claim, say they saw something, send it back - and there is nothing wrong it!

One way to return items that they have changed their minds about, or worne for an occasion and get a refund.

They definitelly don't deserve any postage repaid, not even initial postage. They always lose the dispute, we message the buyer, pay them item only refund as we have the item back and that is the end of it.

That is most likely why PP doesn't automatically enforce return postage, and besides, they can't really pay out more than they've received  to start with - payment of a return postage is left up to the seller and most of them pay it if they have made a mistake. It's not customer's fault something was overlooked and not spotted at the time of listing - no reason that they have to sustain any losses.

So far we never had an item sent back damaged by the customer.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

To the Lithium mods...

There have been at least two posts which have been unceremoniously removed from the end of this thread - one of them mine - and I'm becoming rather annoyed as this is the second post I've had removed in a matter of days for no valid reason whatsoever.

If you really must remove a post, can you at least have the common courtesy and decency to email the poster and let them know the reason, particularly if said post was somehow deemed to be in breach of ebay posting regulations, so that it doesn't inadvertently happen again?

Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated, and not just by myself, I'll wager.
Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

CQ, the mods do not send emails....you will find your reason for post removal in your PMs where mine was. Click on the little envelope at the top of the page.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Well Lyndal, it seems that I may owe the mods a partial apology as you're quite right about a PM from the mods appearing in my inbox, despite there being no notification that it even existed.

However, the one and only PM I received relates to a completely different removed post last week in which I complained about the inclusion of a specific word in the obscenity filter, but nothing whatsoever which relates to the messages which were removed from this thread less than 24 hours earlier, at least two of which had been posted by both you and I.

Frankly, I'd sooner receive a slap than the deafening silence which accompanied these particular post removals. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply