Post office retuned to sender, Seller and eBay won’t refund!!

I purchased an item, asked seller to put delivery instructions on parcel, because I work away from home, I have a parcel delivery box, works perfectly for years, received hundreds of parcels this way never had issues, now I’ve had my first issue,

The seller ignores my delivery instructions and sends it requesting signature, the post office return to sender due to I was unable to collect it.

The issue I’m having is the seller has my item, won’t resend it with delivery instructions, so I completed a dispute, eBay won’t refund because the seller provides tracking, so I appealed it, eBay still won’t do anything

So now I have no item, no refund, no nothing, and it seems I have been ripped off!?

What can I do now?

Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@usersambowrote:
PayPal sends me back to eBay, how do I do that? Thanks

As said, log into PayPal, go to the resolution centre and open a case for Item not received.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

the seller has to send it to your PayPal address.....otherwise they're not covered. Did you change Paypal address to PDB?
Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

Yes both my paypal and my eBay address has delivery instructions in the address fields. Been doing it for years 🤔
Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

Did the seller have any postage rules in the original listing?
Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

Some items must have a signature on delivery, for example: items over $750. That is eBay's policy.

Even for items which do not require a signature by eBay's policy the seller may chuck in one anyway to cover themselves. There are many reasons for this. The foremost is so that the seller has a proof that someone has signed for the item. Also, if the item is of some value but under 2 cm in thickness, a piece of jewellery for example, it is cheaper to send it as a registered large letter than to send it as a parcel.

You can put in delivery instructions, but sellers are certainly not obliged to follow them. I have had a buyer who asked me to call his mobile number when delivering, and he is in Queensland and I am in Melbourne.

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

That’s fine! But why would the seller refuse to refund it, they have the item returned by the post office, and if putting delivery instructions on a parcel is too difficult for them, why send it in the first place, I have soo many questions, seems the seller found a loophole to scam people 🤔
Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

Just open a case in ebay for INR.

To the right of item in your purchase history, "Haven't received item".

image host
Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

@usersambowrote:
That’s fine! But why would the seller refuse to refund it, they have the item returned by the post office, and if putting delivery instructions on a parcel is too difficult for them, why send it in the first place, I have soo many questions, seems the seller found a loophole to scam people 🤔

Yes, the seller should refund after receiving the item back. Ebay's policy allows the seller to keep the money and the item if a buyer refuses to accept the parcel. Ebay may think this falls under that.

Personally, I always refund buyers when I get my stuff back, even if the item has a No Return policy, sometimes they're just returned to sender for no apparent reason.

But you are right, there is a big loophole if you are unable to pick it up at the post office.

Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

You cannot rely on a seller adding delivery instructions and if they require a signature and you cannot sign for it then they have done nothing wrong. The seller should refund something but they are entitled to deduct a sum to cover their time dealing with the issue, any extra costs involved with getting the parcel back from the PO. their packaging materials etc.

In this type of case you should have contacted the seller prior to making the purchase to ask if they could send it with delivery instructions and without signature required. Some sellers have their delivery services pretty well automated and/or outsource the job and your parcel could well have been on its way before the seller ever saw what you had requested.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

Thanks guys, but I need a solution to my problem, I don’t want to accept that the seller can just ignore me and not send my item back or give any kind of refund, dose eBay have an Australian phone number I can call to peruse this further? I feel like the online disput process is automated, don’t think my appeal comment was even read by a real person?
Message 10 of 37
Latest reply