Recently I won the bidding for a motorcycle, and immediately sent the seller the $500 deposit. The

kirk540
Community Member

Recently I won the bidding for a vintage motorcycle and immediately sent the seller the asked-for $500 deposit. The next day I had a heart attack, called 911, and went to the emergency room. Later I was admitted to the hospital. I returned home a day later and politely explained the situation to the seller, and asked for him to return my deposit of $500 less ebay and paypal fees. He refused and said once I won the auction it was a legal binding agreement. The seller has since relisted and sold the motorcycle and refuses to answer my emails. Do I have any recourse to recover my $500 from this buyer? Nowhere on the auction site did it say "non-refundable deposit." Thank you - any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Recently I won the bidding for a motorcycle, and immediately sent the seller the $500 deposit.

As mentioned you need to ask on the boards for USA. Our rules/laws are not the same as yours

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Recently I won the bidding for a motorcycle, and immediately sent the seller the $500 deposit.

You are on the Aussie boards.  T & C may be different from ours.  Log into Ebay.com

Hope health OK

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If you paid by PayPal you should be able to claim it back.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

As mentioned you need to ask on the boards for USA. Our rules/laws are not the same as yours

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply