Ripped off by ebay seller and ebay wrote me off

Hello and thankyou for your help with my problem. I recently purchased a Dukes of Hazzard watch from US seller and received a cd of some obscure group from the 90’s instead . I contacted ebay who took sellers side and even removed my negative feedback for the transaction!! In the 20 Year’s on eBay this is without a doubt the worst experience l have ever had.Not only did I not get my item l paid for ( which is an eBay guarantee) my negative feedback was removed without any discussion!!! Totally gutted by this purchase and feel that l have been completely ignored by eBay and have therefore lost all faith in this site

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The fact you received an item and then claimed not received, is why eBay would have closed the dispute in the seller's favour if there was a tracking number. All you can do now is open a dispute in PayPal, as mentioned several times, and don't let it time out. Don't send anything back until instructed. Follow the rules to a tee, or you will lose the dispute.

Also as already mentioned, sign up for PayPal's free returns BEFORE opening a dispute, otherwise you will be responsible for returning the item at your own cost, even though the seller is in the wrong.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Did you open a case for INAD ?

If that case was closed then log into PayPal and open a case there for INAD.

image host
Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Did you indeed open a Not as described dispute rather than a not recieved dispute?

VERY rare to hear of eBay siding with a seller, even if the seller is in the right

As for the feedback, if it did not break the rules, I would be getting onto Live Chat and asking it be re-instated

If it did go against the rules, (as you have done here by naming and shaming)  then obviously it will be removed 

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Just out of curiosity, what was the seller's response when you contacted them first and told them they sent you the wrong item?

And did you give them enough time to repsond prior to contacting eBay ? 

You say eBay ripped you off, so obviously you belived you followed all the correct procedures 

Knowing exactly what steps you did take may help other buyer's reading here avoid the same thing happening to them ,even when they have done all the right things to be covered 

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Did you indeed open a Not as described dispute rather than a not recieved dispute?

VERY rare to hear of eBay siding with a seller, even if the seller is in the right

As for the feedback, if it did not break the rules, I would be getting onto Live Chat and asking it be re-instated

If it did go against the rules, (as you have done here by naming and shaming)  then obviously it will be removed 

Strange that this has happened to the OP so early in the game.

Actually, it's not rare  for eBay to side with a seller even if the seller is right.  It's not very rare for eBay to side with a seller when they're wrong either. There are some rip off artists who have won cases against buyers they have fleeced. They're still happily selling today. And there are some sellers who while not intentional crooks, refuse to take responsibility for their sloppy work or mistakes. Ebay has believed them as well.

It happens more than your statement suggests.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

You forgot to include the link relating to your friend's experience, which you post at every single hint of an opportunity 

Odd that you have made no comment at all about a couple of sellers who have posted here in the past few weeks who quite clearly ARE scammer sellers

Why would that be ? 

OP here has made no mention of doing anything that protects them from being ripped off so I really AM curious about what actually happened 

Unlike yourself and your  friends, I do not automatically assume 'a buyer said' so it is 100% true 

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

You forgot to include the link relating to your friend's experience, which you post at every single hint of an opportunity 

What friend? Where did I mention "friend" in my post on this thread?

What opportunity?

@sandypebbles wrote:

Odd that you have made no comment at all about a couple of sellers who have posted here in the past few weeks who quite clearly ARE scammer sellers

Why would that be ? 

Why is it odd. I have not seen any such sellers? I don't come here every day!

@sandypebbles wrote:

OP here has made no mention of doing anything that protects them from being ripped off so I really AM curious about what actually happened 

Nothing wromng in being curious. Good for you!

@sandypebbles wrote:

Unlike yourself and your  friends, I do not automatically assume 'a buyer said' so it is 100% true 

I don't either. But I'm prepared to listen to their story. I can't speak for all of my friends but I'm sure some would feel same.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

"it's not rare for eBay to side with a seller even if the seller is right".

Could you please explain that so someone thick like me can understand it.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

Sellers don't get ripped off as much as you suggest. Normally when facts are looked at, most sellers will have the case closed in their favour when it's shown that a buyer is trying to pull a swifty.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

Sellers don't get ripped off as much as you suggest. Normally when facts are looked at, most sellers will have the case closed in their favour when it's shown that a buyer is trying to pull a swifty.

If you believe that, then you are more deluded than I thought. Clearly you haven't been on the seller's forum any time in the last 55 years.

I bought some more foil today if you're interested.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply