Seller Won't Accept Paypal

So, I bought a small item (less than 500g) earlier in the week and the two payment options were PayPal and bank deposit. The postage option listed was 'freight' but in the listing text it stated that postage cost was $10. Now because the listing says 'freight' (and I think the seller knew this) I can't pay via PayPal because there's no clear postage cost added. When I requested the total through the ebay system, the seller sent me a message telling me to deposit the money into their account and sent their bank details. When I told them I wanted to pay via Paypal - radio silence.

I made the mistake of contacting ebay chat which went through to India and I got these kind of replies 'So if this seller have do not the option for paypal then you can purchase the item from different seller'.

Anyone have any grammatically correct advice of where I go from here?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Cancel the purchase and report the seller to ebay.

Not worth the hassel and they are breaking 'Da rules' by not accepting paypal.

Send them to the naughty chair ! 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@queenwaldorf wrote:

I made the mistake of contacting ebay chat which went through to India and I got these kind of replies 'So if this seller have do not the option for paypal then you can purchase the item from different seller'.

The rep has probably misunderstood the issue, as they seem to be advising on the basis that the seller didn't offer PayPal as a payment method in the listing.

eBay's specific rules are that PayPal isn't mandatory (but a safe payment method is), but if PayPal is offered in the listing, it must be accepted. 

In this case, though, you can't force the seller to send you an invoice, which would make checkout with PayPal available,. That unfortunately means there's very little in practical terms that you're able other than attempt to work with the seller (which seems to be fruitless as they didn't reply), or report and purchase elsewhere. (Because the item will remain unpaid, there's a chance the seller will open an unpaid item case - if this happens, it's generally automated and eBay won't interfere, despite you actually being prevented from paying. You should be able to successfully appeal the unpaid item strike after the case closes). 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I couldn't figure out where to report the seller. The help page sent me in circles and kept trying to get me to use 'item not received'.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I restated the issue to the rep about ten times in plain English, but it never seemed to get across so I gave up. I assumed there wasn't much I could do without the seller sending the invoice, they probably don't even have PayPal set up anyway.

Can I still leave appropriate feedback to warn anyone else even if I can't pay? Or not if they open an unpaid case? I've never not paid for anything so I'm not sure how it works.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@queenwaldorf wrote:
I couldn't figure out where to report the seller. The help page sent me in circles and kept trying to get me to use 'item not received'.

This is the direct line to report a seller,(via Email or phone):

https://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1482&levelHierarchy=1a6a3

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I'm sure that there are sellers that don't have to accept PayPal and it's ok with eBay

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Different sites, different rules eezi.

German sellers don't have to accept paypal....it is against their banking rules.

And sellers with their own Merchant Credit Facility don't have to offer it either.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply