Seller sends wrong items.

tldv8
Community Member

I have had a pretty good run on eBay since 2003, its not hard, bid and pay promply if you win the auction.

In early Decemeber 2014 I was asked to purchase three dog beds as chosen by the wife.

Not a problem, I read the auctions that have measurements for Small - Medium and Large dog mat/beds and show her the sizes via tape measure, all is good.

I order and pay for one Medium and two Large.

I receive one Small and two Medium as per the auction sizes.

I contact the seller and they ask for them to be sent back  ( I keep one of the so called Large as it is infact a Medium)

I would add the three mats came in a used box that had broken wind screen glass under the internal flaps that i cleaned out.

The two wrong mats get sent back at a cost of $26 along with the completed return form.

Nothing happens so contact eBay.

The short story, I eventually get a refund for one mat but not the other so have to contact the seller again who does not want to reply until I contact ebay again, i had left feedback by then due to no contact and no refund for the other mat, ebay removed the feedback and closed the case so the seller then had the mat and the money payed for it ($43.90)

In the end the seller who had sent the wrong items finally payed a refund.

That being they refused to pay the return postage that I had to pay dure to their mistake.

The refund was partial ($27) as the postage to send me the wrong item was deducted.

Out of pocket over $40 and eBay it seems backed them up all the way.

Nice one ebay.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Seller sends wrong items.

Given the sellers feedback score, I would have avoided them in the first place.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply