Seller sold me filthy product. Would like some advice.

Hi all. Here is a copy of a message I just sent the seller. It is quite self explanitary:

Hi
Received the vive today. Honestly man, the stench of dope that came out of that box when i cracked the top was unbearable. Everything reeked of M so bad it filled half the house up. There was even dope and cig crumbs in the bottom of the box!!!!

Needless to say it was all through the gear as well. The foam head pads and straps had to be washed and all the cables/plastics had to be cleaned.

The anti bacterial wipes I used to clean the plastic were dark brown. The water in the sink to clean the foam and straps also dark brown.... Seriously - there was even a ball of EAR WAX in one of the ear buds.

To top this all off there are light scratches all over the lenses of the unit. I'm pretty **bleep**ty man. I have not tried it yet as I have spent the whole night dealing with this stench and filth.

I will set it up tomorrow night once everything dries and see if the scratches are noticeable.

It is an expensive product. How can I return something that smells so bad of drugs?? I do not want to get into trouble. As I paid $50 for postage, I deffinalely do not want to be out of pocket either... Has anyone had a similar issue? 

Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller sold me filthy product. Would like some advice.

Firstly wait to see what the seller offers.

If you want to keep the item they can offer a part refund if that suits you.

If the seller is not helpful you have 30 days from last estimated delivery date to open a case for INAD.

The seller will need to send you a postage label if they want it back.

Once it is returned to the address specified you will get a refund for item and initial postage.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Firstly wait to see what the seller offers.

If you want to keep the item they can offer a part refund if that suits you.

If the seller is not helpful you have 30 days from last estimated delivery date to open a case for INAD.

The seller will need to send you a postage label if they want it back.

Once it is returned to the address specified you will get a refund for item and initial postage.

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

He'll get that message and get really cranky for accidentally throwing a couple of cones away. He'll be spewing over that. Serves himself right!

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Any compensation will be up to the seller....you cannot open a dispute for not as described because you freely admit that you have extensively cleaned the item.

You could not return it in the condition in which your receivd it.

You should have contacted the seller BEFORE cleaning it.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

He'll get that message and get really cranky for accidentally throwing a couple of cones away. He'll be spewing over that. Serves himself right!

gal laughing.gif

OP, you really shouldn't have cleaned it at all, but taken photos before messaging them.

Your word against theirs now

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I'd probably take the box in and show the police

Edit:  not that I'd recognise the smell of dope. 

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Probably needed the mo0ney to buy more LOL

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@bluebudgies wrote:

You would if you got hit in the face with the smell....it is very potent.Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@bluebudgies wrote:

You would if you got hit in the face with the smell....it is very potent.Smiley Wink

Yep, probably smell it 20 klms from Nimbin. Smiley Very Happy

BB - Don't think police are interested in private smokers at home, more the big pushers/dealers. But never know, seller could be a dealer.

image host
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@bluebudgies wrote:

There is no point taking it to the police as the OP has cleaned everything up and destroyed any evidence that might have been there.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply