Seller trying to get me to change my honest feedback by offering me small refunds

kezloz1
Community Member

I gave a Seller a neutral feedback because the item they sent to me was not as described in their advertisement. I asked for a refund but instead they gave me a partial refund and told me to keep the item. Now they are trying to offer me a few dollars more to change my feedback to positive.  I told them I would only change my feedback for a full refund and I am happy to send the item back to the PO Box number that's on the parcel.  The item is totally useless to me and will end up in the charity bin anyways. I have a feeling this Seller is not in Australia and the the PO Box in NSW could just be a 'friend' or may not exist at all.  What do I do?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller trying to get me to change my honest feedback by offering me small refunds

That's right, they are not in Australia, it says they are registered in Singapore

Ignore the messages and block them, report them too if you wish

They are not allowed to hound people to change feedback, and especially not bribe them to do it

If you do change the feedback, not only do they win but they will keep on doing it to others because they know their bribes work

If you do return it, you need to follow correct ebay procedure to do so

It will save you a lot of grief in future if you check where the seller is registered (sellers can put ANYWHERE as the item location, it does'nt mean that is where it really is, or that they are even in the same country) and their feedback, this seller's feedback is disgusting 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

They're based in Singapore....f/b is atrocious
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The seller is in Singapore and has 47 negative feedback in the past month,why didn't you check the feedback before you purchased?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

That's right, they are not in Australia, it says they are registered in Singapore

Ignore the messages and block them, report them too if you wish

They are not allowed to hound people to change feedback, and especially not bribe them to do it

If you do change the feedback, not only do they win but they will keep on doing it to others because they know their bribes work

If you do return it, you need to follow correct ebay procedure to do so

It will save you a lot of grief in future if you check where the seller is registered (sellers can put ANYWHERE as the item location, it does'nt mean that is where it really is, or that they are even in the same country) and their feedback, this seller's feedback is disgusting 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I did check, gave them the benefit of doubt based on the description and picture on their ad.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

you are being unreasonable - change your feedback to Negative

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Open a not as described case under the money back guarantee through ebay and the seller will be responsible for return postage. Never, nevergiveuppp - keep hounding them for a refund, and don't change your feedback if you get a refund. Just leave a response to theirs.

I think calling it a woollen coat and then saying it's made from cotton leaves them subject to a not as described case.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply