Seller wanted 50% more for item, then cancelled sale so i cannot even give negative feedback,

I was highest bidder, then received the following 3 messages from the seller-

message 1

Hi I ended item as reserved wasn't met

there was NO mention of any reserve

message 2

Reserve was at $1000 please don't pay

repeat, NO reserve

message 3

I cancel the order if you can offer close to asking price I will consider

I also received a mesage from ebay saying the sale was cancelled at my request.....NOT correct.

And now since the sale is cancelled I cannot even give negative feedback..

What to do now?

Ian

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Seller wanted 50% more for item, then cancelled sale so i cannot even give negative feedback,

If it was a sale then cancelled, feedback can still be left.

If you mean the listing was withdrawn (ended) before the auction finished, it was not a sale therefore no feedback can be left.

Whilst it's considered poor form, you can't force a seller to complete a listing.

What to do now?

Move on and find another seller.

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Re: Seller wanted 50% more for item, then cancelled sale so i cannot even give negative feedback,

Would of liked to know what the item was as there are items that if the reserve wasn't met and even though the seller never mentioned it then the seller can cancel for example a car or boat or motor bike.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Probably had an auction with BIN and thought the BIN was the reserve.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

They are marking it as "buyer asked to cancel" so they do not get a defect on their account. In my experience, if you make a bid on an item that has a reserve, you get a message saying "reserve not met" in red letters.    I would be more than a little furious, it all sounds fishy to me.  Contact Ebay and see what they say. Go the "help" at the top of the "my eBay" page and follow the prompts.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

gives out enough red flags as a seller not to do business with, who knows what tomfoolery he'll pull if you do buy from him.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Found and placed negative feedback.

Auction was completed, with message from ebay saying i had won.

Ian

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Auction was completed with with message from ebay saying I had won.

Item was a Lego Millenium Falcon (10179), but was not the original set but one put together from other parts and missing many of the rare/expensive pieces.

NO reserve mentioned anywhere.

Ian

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

NO BIN.

He has relisted the item with a higher starting price, and an even higher BIN, but again, no mention of a reserve other than a comment in the text , "Relisted as reserve not met".

Ian

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Unless it is real estate or cars, 'reserve' does not exist on ebay Australia

I'm wonder if it was listed under the correct catergory to start with? 

Seller has been on ebay more than long enough to know that, very dodgey indeed

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply