Seller wanted 50% more for item, then cancelled sale so i cannot even give negative feedback,

I was highest bidder, then received the following 3 messages from the seller-

message 1

Hi I ended item as reserved wasn't met

there was NO mention of any reserve

message 2

Reserve was at $1000 please don't pay

repeat, NO reserve

message 3

I cancel the order if you can offer close to asking price I will consider

I also received a mesage from ebay saying the sale was cancelled at my request.....NOT correct.

And now since the sale is cancelled I cannot even give negative feedback..

What to do now?

Ian

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Seller wanted 50% more for item, then cancelled sale so i cannot even give negative feedback,

Option seem to only include chat and call, I'd much prefer an email.

Ian

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Re: Seller wanted 50% more for item, then cancelled sale so i cannot even give negative feedback,

As said earlier in this thread any BIN disappears as soon as the first bid is placed, that's why you probably why didn't see one.

The seller has only 11 feedback as a seller so probably doesn't realise that the BIN is not a reserve...............slow learner.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

emails are only manned by 'bots' overseas (usually)

*If* people do get a reply at all to emails, they are generally cut and paste jobs from their big book of scripts

I personally think something like this is better if you use the 'call me' option and when you get the call back, ask for a supervisor

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Listed correctly under toys/lego

Trying to game the system, well now he has a negative feedback highlighting what he has done.

Ian

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@iancdunmwrote:

NO BIN.

He has relisted the item with a higher starting price, and an even higher BIN, but again, no mention of a reserve other than a comment in the text , "Relisted as reserve not met".

Ian

So there was a BIN. Which he possibly thought was a reserve, when it's a waste of time.

I am curious to know why you would want a fake Millennium Falcon with missing bits.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Listed as auction start at $800 with a BIN of $1500.

They think the BIN is a reserve.

That's a lot of money for Lego

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@iancdunmwrote:

I was highest bidder, then received the following 3 messages from the seller-

message 1

Hi I ended item as reserved wasn't met

there was NO mention of any reserve

message 2

Reserve was at $1000 please don't pay

repeat, NO reserve

message 3

I cancel the order if you can offer close to asking price I will consider

I also received a mesage from ebay saying the sale was cancelled at my request.....NOT correct.

And now since the sale is cancelled I cannot even give negative feedback..

What to do now?

Ian

What i would do is message the seller back & just say that they probably don't realise, but a Buy it now price is not a reserve, there are no reserves on most categories in ebay. That if they list a lower starting price with Buy it now, that is just the maximum they would be likely to get, not the minimum.

And that If they want a particular price, either start the auction at that or else have only a set price buy it now.

You still won't get the item as they obviously want a lot more than you bid for it, but no harm giving them a heads up, they may fix their ads then.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply