Why do you people keep changing the listings , now worse not better . Cars NO FORDS , ROLLS ROYCE .

Hi

I have the feeling a group of you all drinking coffee thinking what can we do next , I know lets stuff up anyboby that's looking for cars.

You change the listing when nothing was wrong with it in the first place , you make it WORSE not BETTER / EASIER . I was just looking and saw FORD and ROLLS  ROYCE , and Christ knows how many more cars are completely missing from the listing . I really cannot understand , somebody has changed it but then not looked to see if what they have done is right . A old saying is , if it's not broken don't fix it . eBay USA is the same , I always look at BOATS , AND THE LISTING WAS PERFECT over 40' , 26-40' and so on just pick the size you are looking for . Then they changed it no sizes to pick from , I TRIED TYPING IN OVER 40' but nothing . So who in his right mind is going to look through lets say only 2,000 boats on the of chance of finding the one boat he is looking for not me .

Regards

Steven Lee

PS     PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE LISTING WHEN THEY ARE GOOD , ONLY TO MAKE THEM WORSE .

And like now I didn't choose a Select Board  so it says choose one , NEVER anytime I have contacted eBay have any of the 

selection related to my question . It seems you make it as hard as possible to make contact hoping people give up and don't

send a question .

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Why do you people keep changing the listings , now worse not better . Cars NO FORDS , ROLLS ROYCE .

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Ebay does not read the boards so you have wasted your time posting this rant.

The boards are run by volunteer members and we have no control over what ebay does to their site.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Sorry, but you would need to ask the sellers why they change their listings

Just people like yourself here, we cannot go around changing anyone else's listings

Ebay staff do not read here either ,posting here is not contacting ebay and will not be seen by ebay

There is a help and conatct tab at the bottom of each page, if you send an email there, then you will get an auto bot overseas

If you would like any hope of a human with some clue, best chance is to use the 'call me' option. Better yet, use the call me option and ask for a supervsior 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Don't you just love it when folks call us 'you people' because they are annoyed at something ebay has done Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Same people will be back tomorrow with another or similar complaint......

How many ever (maybe/possibly) read  the answers given freely and bother to respond

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I never said the sellers changing the listing , I said about eBay keep changing the listings .

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Well nobody these to blame except  YOU PEOPLE , your the ones that change the listings for the worse not better .

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Have you read anything that has been posted on this thread?

The boards are run by volunteer members....not ebay!!   Ebay does not read here and ebay does not change listings.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@redoptiplexwrote:

Well nobody these to blame except  YOU PEOPLE , your the ones that change the listings for the worse not better .

eBay have a long running standard that if something isn't broken then they need to "fix" it until it is "broken".

They keep changing search criterias so that members have to look at all the listing,(just in case they may need

or have a use for it and having item specific searches doesn't allow that).

They falsely believe that members will be sidetracked into buying items that they arn't searching for.

If it's a simple search that works well for the buyer then off course they need to change it as then they may

only buy the item that they have searched for and eBay get's less money,(they don't believe buyers will

leave as they've set everything up to please the buyer).

If you want to contact eBay then just go and Chat to one of their agents or phone them,(scroll to the bottom

to get to their Chat and phone options.: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@redoptiplexwrote:

No, no, this is a message board. See where at the top it says Discussion board: 'buying'?

It's for ebay customers-buyers & sellers alike- to come in and have a whinge or ask a question to get help because it's hard to get a sensible answer off ebay.

So we're all people like YOU.

I used to be amazed ebay allowed messageboards but I think the ebay execs probably did sit around a table and they thought-how can we cut down on paying wages for people to man the help desk and field enquiries.

So they had a light bulb moment and thought if they could have some of their ordinary customers on messageboards there's some of the job done, free. And best of all, if anyone gets the wrong info here, they can't be held responsible either as they are not officially 'on' the boards.

You're not with the execs here, this is the hoi polloi pond.

You want to contact ebay, you'll need to do it from their help links. Good luck with that.

And PS. It does sound as if they have messed up on the way boats are listed. No one here will be too shocked to hear it.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply