Why were my discount vouchers cancelled on 31/12/2018 and not on 01/01/2019 per the conditions?

vheve
Community Member

I had 2 vouchers due to expire tomorrow as stated in the conditions, but today they have disappeared from my summary page (when the summary page actually shows instead of the purchase history) and are no longer valid at checkout.  P5OFF & PERCENT5 I believe.  Did I misinterpret the eBay conditions? I had not used the vouchers for the transaction limit and they both appeared on my summary screen yesterday 30/12/2018.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Why were my discount vouchers cancelled on 31/12/2018 and not on 01/01/2019 per the conditions?

I have not used the vouchers so have not read the t&c for them

Nor do I know why eBay constantly changes/cancels vouchers

Someone else posted earlier today about a voucher they had vanishing but did not reply with any more info so I do not know if it was the P5OFF/PERCENT5 or something else

But if you are wanting an eBay answer, you will need to contact eBay as everyone here are members just like yourself

eBay staff do not read here

Message 2 of 61
Latest reply

Have you tried using either of the codes in a purchase ?

image host
Message 3 of 61
Latest reply

You don't even need to commit to buy anything. Simply view an item. If you have any current discounts, there will be a notice under the price saying something like 'Pay only $x, show me how'. Clicking on that will show you what the discount is.

Message 4 of 61
Latest reply

Yes, I have tried unsuccessfully to use the codes in a purchase.

Message 5 of 61
Latest reply

...and, yes, I have seen the message about applying the discount show in the item description.  I have done a cursory browse of a few items and the discount message no longer appears.  I thought that because it was ebay.com.au then Australian dates would apply.  Even then, it was/is still prior to midnight in New Zealand, which is GMT +13:45 I think.

Message 6 of 61
Latest reply

Mine have disappeared also. eBay do end some vouchers early without warning.

I had one for TASTY.

Keep a note of this site for future ref - https://www.cuponation.com.au/ebay-coupon

image host
Message 7 of 61
Latest reply

So as a buyer, if seller uses the advert including the coupon code to sell their product at a reduced price, then eBay pull the code early, is the seller falsely advertising an invalid code, or is it eBay's fault?

I purchased an item that was advertised as 5% off with P5OFF code, which was also on my Summarry page, but via checkout, the code was invalid. eBay must have removed it at the same time as i was buying/cgecking out.

I sent a msg to seller, any they said wait 1 day for payment for a bew code. But will the item purchased on a previous day, be applicable for the new code(if one is created today that is)?

Message 8 of 61
Latest reply

In *most* cases, it is NOT the seller's fault if eBay choose to pull a code early

In *most* cases, the seller does not even have any say or control over eBay putting codes on their listings in the first place. It is not the seller using the code or advertising the code

Codes need to be used at the time of purchase only and cannot be used retrospectively

There are codes which can be 'store exclusive' for the big name sellers but the example you give of the P5OFF is an eBay one and it is eBay who insert it on items they choose (and eBay who choose not to remove it early if they end the offer early

If eBay fail to remove the code from items they added it to, the seller is not to blame

eBay could just as easily come along and put a code on something you had listed for sale 

Message 9 of 61
Latest reply

The seller i bought from had in the listing title AND the listing descrption the code to use to get the discount. Not just eBay.

Message 10 of 61
Latest reply