cannot finalize payment using paypal

Won auction for item and went to pay using paypal.  Entered paypal login details, clicted purchase details and received notice to pay. cicked on, it then returned, clicked again, returned again,. Click out and was able to pay using credit card. System will not allow payment through paypal. Can you help please. Malcolm Brown.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Is there anything in any of the other threads here from members who have had similar issues ?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You could ring Paypal to find out what the problem is.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

On a different (Australian big box seller) website, I bought some items a week ago. I was using my phone as I was away at the time from a computer. I opted to pay via PP, but the checkout and the PP pages bounced from one to another after the selection.

I thought at the time that there might have been a slight change in the code architecture to have the confirmation sent back to (or received by) the seller website.

Weirdly, when I changed the PP option to 4-in-1 to see whether that worked, it did.

There was no issue in terms of available funds.

Therefore, I’m of the view that there may be a code change in payment confirmation somewhere along the line between sellers and PP, depending upon the option selected.

I may be wrong and if so, I will need a nice glass of PX sherry to restore my equilibrium.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

If you are trying to pay via PayPal and you are having problems signing in to PayPal during eBay checkout, try signing in to PayPal in another browser tab before completing eBay checkout.

Or else try manually erasing your PayPal cookies.

Or else try using a different browser to check out.

Or else try checking out using the eBay app.

Or else try paying using a different payment method.

Or else try checking out on ebay.com instead of ebay.com.au.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply