combined postage

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: combined postage

The seller said you need to contact fellow buyers and sellers on the forum? (which is who we are here)

Or did they tell you to contact eBay?

Or Afterpay?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

What is your question?

If you are the buyer, you usually add the items to your cart and then request the total for combined postage from the seller, but if the seller wants immediate payment, it won't work and you will have to find a solution with the seller.

PS: Sometimes the total (combined postage) is automatic when you add items to your cart, but not always.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

keithex
Community Member

Along the same lines, the customer makes 2 purchases so I put them in the same envelope, which means I only have one tracking number, but eBay does not allow the same tracking number to be used on 2 sales in the same parcel. I have enquired to eBay about this but got no reply.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

When postage is combined, it is like one transaction for eBay even if the buyer buys multiple items. Even feedback only goes up by only one point, even if you leave fb for all items.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

What is your question?

maybe it is the answer, you know . . . like in the US gameshow Jeopardy, where the answer is given and we have to give the question

What is the most misunderstood postage topic on the eBay boards?

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Untrue, I do it often.

You have to add the tracking to each item, but if they are to the same buyer, even in separate transactions, there are no blocks on doing so.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Edited
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@ wrote:

combined postage

-----------------------------------------------------

Yes, I'm a big fan of combined postage. Sellers should offer it. Some though may find it hard to calculate a bundle. Don't be afraid to ask. Best to ask beforehand though.

Keep in mind that some sellers overseas may send items via the Pitney Bowes GSP. Many are unaware that they have their items shipped that way. Below is the elmi22  method. Keep in mind this discussion is in the US. But if you strike a seller not sure what to do, just C&P to them what elmih22 wrote. It will work from this end if seller is receptive.

How to opt out of global shipping program

How to opt out of global shipping program

elmih22

Guide

‎07-10-2013 12:42 AM

You CAN opt out of the Global Shipping Program.

Go to:

My eBay > My account > Site Preferences > Shipping preferences > EDIT > click 'yes' on 'opt out of the GSP > you will get this:

'You successfully opted out of the Global Shipping Program'.

Also you can 'check' the countries/continents where you do NOT want to ship to. You can check all the places you do NOT want to ship to, besides countries/continents - like PO Boxes, etc.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-International-Trading/How-to-opt-out-of-global-shipping-progra...

Asking a seller if they combine is fine but also if you want to buy multiple items that are identical such as CDs, DVDs or vinyl records, ask how much per item. Some sellers offer great deals. A small minority try to make extra on adding extra for postage.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

If you really want to buy 2+ items from a seller overseas who is using the GSP, pay extra attention, as PB does not combine postage at all.

But until you tell us more, we can only give you some general advice. We are here to help, if you tell us what you need.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply