delivery issue

hello,

I recently purchased some clothes for my daughter. I live in Melbourne, as does the seller. I paid combined postage of $8.00 for two items. As  I hadn't received them a week after purchase, I enquired as to their whereabouts. The seller responded by saying that her friend has dropped them over (ie not used Australia post) and had left them in front of the letterbox in a plastic bag. We were away for a few nights last week and being visible to all passers by, ir seems  someone has opportunistically stolen the package up.

Our postman would never leave packages in such a visible place ( always in letterbox or on front porch)  and as I paid for postage I expected the items to be delivered safely.

The seller communicated with me until I told her that I searched the garden for the plastic bag/asked neighbours if they happened to take it in to keep safe  etc to no avail. No word from seller since.

Any idea how I should proceed here?

Thanks for any advice

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: delivery issue

sorry for typos there. typing too quickly!

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

If you paid by PayPal and the seller continues to be non-responsive, I advise opening a dispute and seeking a refund (unless the seller voluntarily refunds, the dispute will need to be escalated to a claim within 20 days of opening it). 

JMHO, the seller took full responsibility for the safe delivery of your items and it doesn't sound like they were left in a very safe place. It's possible passers-by even presumed them to rubbish or left out for a charitable collection (which happens here every couple of months) not a parcel delivery, so it was a very bad decision to do it that way. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I'm going to go with: If you paid by paypal, AND you paid for postage, then you could possibly open an Item Not Received Dispute.

Your seller wont win with: *oh yes I took $8 for postage costs, but it was hand delivered and left on the ground at the letterbox because the buyer wasn't home* ....Paypal will rule in your favour, and this scamster of a seller might just wake up to themselves next time and not rip people off.

ALSO....   just because she *says* her friend delivered it, doesn't mean her friend *delivered* it!! IYKWIM  ;\

That's what I would do anyway. Also, if seller kicks up a stink about it, I would be leaving them appropriate feedback for their rather hap-hazard customer service!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Agree with above, you paid postage and expected it to be posted by a secure method in Australia Post.

Open an INR case and escalate to a claim as soon as possible to get a refund.

You did not want it to be dropped off at the front.

The seller may have meant well but was thoughtless in the process.

They need to take responsibility for this one.

image host
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Gosh its sellers like this that don't do ebays reputation any good at all  X-(

Open Paypal dispute and see what unfolds ...

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

cherry7113
Community Member

Did the friend really drop it over? I wonder

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Just open  the Paypal dispute and escalate to a claim straight away (I hope you used Paypal). If the seller wanted to hand deliver they should have contacted you to arrange when and have refunded the postage cost.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply