how to report a seller

Hi: I was thinking that I might report my seller for policy violation - or non performance ??

This is about the seller that charged packing fees after the auction had closed. I advised him twice that it was against the rules to add more money on the invoice and even quoted the ebay policy link, but he doesnt seem to care. I can't understand why he has such good feedback, he must do this to all his buyers.

he said " EBay shows postage only.   A small amount has been added for packing costs”    

and  “you are the first person ever to complain about packing costs”

I know it was only $4.25 extra but it is against the rules, what if he added $50?

Anyway, to report – I can’t find the right site or link – there seems to be so many options - I've clicked here there and everywhere and am just confused.

Would some kind person give me the right path (for dummies) to report a seller for adding charges to the invoice after the auction had closed?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

how to report a seller

feedback is more effective than reporting them to ebay

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

how to report a seller

I would inform the seller that when using calculated postage, there is an option to include an amount for packing and handling so that the total P&H shows on the listing page, and therefore, by using eBay properly, it's unnecessary to surprise buyers with an additional charge post-purchase and risk policy violations.

You can report them for non-performance, but these days - unfortunately - it often doesn't result in any particular action.

I used to have a link to report non-performance, but I can't seem to find it - here's the help page, though, which seems to suggest a direct message/report through the Contact Us link: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/report-trading.html#report

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

how to report a seller

Just happen to have it saved in my favourites lol

Stupid link is a mile long but definitely correct.

You could also email Trust & Safety directly at

aurswebhelp@ebay.com

http://contact.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2016&rcode=IV%25P20073&subject=Seller%2...

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

how to report a seller

thank you Fox, so helpful as always:-)

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply