Customer says they never received an item

Hi

My customer says they never received the item yet I have clearly provided tracking information and checked with Australia Post.  According to the Australia Post Track my Parcel the item was delivered over a week ago.

The buyer is requesting a refund for this item.  I use the standard EBAY Satchel's with the Pre-Printed Address Labels from EBAY so I know I havent sent it to the wrong address.

Anyone help? How do I stand??

Thanks

Ajay

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

As you have proof of postage and delivery you have ebay seller protection.

Do not refund the buyer.

Give them the link to the AP site and the tracking number and tell them to enter the tracking number to see it was delivered.

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/track.html#/track

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hi there,

Have you checked with your buyer that the address they have provided you with is correct?

Assuming it is, you could do an enquiry with Australia Post and say an item you sent is listed as delivered but the receiver is claiming it was never received.  

They can do an investigation where they download the information from the postie's scanner.  The postie's scanning of the item is linked to a GPS location, and that will determine if it was delivered correctly or not, but how speedy this process will be, I cannot tell you.  This is not something I have done, but I was in this situation as a buyer, where it was listed as delivered but I had not received it and this is what Australia Post told me.  However, in my case it turned out that the seller had written the incorrect street number on my parcel, and all eventually ended well.

So, if it was me I would tell the buyer that I will help them chase up the article and then lodge an enquiry with AP, and see what eventuates from that.  This would be good customer service.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

After a parcel is "delivered", the recipient needs to lodge a complaint to Australia Post for them to investigate. As the sender, you no longer have ownership of the parcel once it's delivered. Australia Post can only discuss delivery information with the recipient. Like the previous poster mentioned, they will get information from their postie, and discuss it with the recipient.

Once I had a buyer also complain about a parcel not received even though tracking said delivered. It turns out the postie put the parcel in a parcel box behind the buyer's mail box. She lived in a unit complex so there were a few mailboxes. The parcel was too big for the mailbox, so he put it in the parcelbox. The buyer didn't know about the parcel box even though she's lived there for two years! Anyway, I did try chasing Australia Post for her but was told the buyer had to get in contact with them. Coz of privacy reasons, they couldn't discuss it with me.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply