Fixed price or auction?

Hi all, just wanting some opinions re selling secondhand babies / children's clothes.

Which method do you think is best / most successful? Fixed price or auction? TIA

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Fixed price or auction?

I think different things work for different sellers when it all comes down to it in the end

IF you decide to go with auction, remember it's not good to start one at 99 cents like ebay suggests, you might only end up getting one bid

Also, if you go with auction, you have the option of also adding a buy it now (which will vanish if you get an auction bid)

IF you go with buy it now, be sure to mark/tick the box which says immediate payment required

In either case, be sure to only put the very minimum price you would be happy to get (as it may be you only get that amount)

and don't forget forget ebay's fees too

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Fixed price or auction?

Thanks for feedback enigmabear. Can you tell me how I work out ebay fees please?

I've just posted my first 'for sale/auction' item-did both so was covered all ways. I put in a reasonable amount for the item as auction minimum and worked out what I wanted if bought upfront but didn't take the fee into consideration so will do that next time. Bought a range of items here over a while, but never sold before. 

Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Fixed price or auction?

I use this fee calculator,(it works out all the fees including Paypal and the gst incorporated in the eBay fees).

https://www.ebayfeescalculator.com/australia-ebay-calculator/

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Fixed price or auction?

Thanks heaps for the ebay calculator xoxo
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Fixed price or auction?

Thanks for the link to calculator......that is awesome & so handy, great little tool to have 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply