Is there a "looking for" forum page?

Hello everyone

There are a number of items of clothing I am looking for and there used to be a community page where you could put pics and ask people. Does it still exist? Or is there something simliar? Thanky you

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No, the want it section was discontinued by eBay.

You can however save a search and be notified if anyone lists one.

Saved searches - https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/search-tips/saved-searches?id=4051&st=10&pos=1&query=Saved%20sea...

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hello, cromford-star,

I've answered this in a previous thread. (The answer is no, eBay members are not permitted to post a want-it ad or ask for particular items.

Here's a copy of what I posted:

@countessalmirena wrote:

Ah. I just found the current policy relating to posting want ads. It's dealt with briefly under

No item listings policy

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I create a listing saying that I'm seeking a particular item?

No. Want ads are prohibited on our site.

It's spelt out even more clearly with the following from that policy:

Not allowedNot allowed

• Listings that serve as want ads, where you post that you're looking for an item.

Additionally, it's not something you'd want to do on the Community boards here, as it would be viewed askance. Quoting from the Community Content Policy,

Not allowedNot allowed

• Here are some examples of content or actions that aren't permitted in the community content areas (Reviews, Guides, member-created product descriptions and comments). These examples provide guidance for self-publishing content on our site but shouldn't be viewed as a complete list.

• Promoting or advertising to buy, sell or trade any product or service listed or located outside of any eBay property (eBay, Half.com, eBay Stores, etc.).

What you can do, though, is set up a saved search. Quoting:

If you frequently search for the same types of items on eBay, you can save time by creating saved searches. These are also known as followed searches.

We'll send you email alerts when new items matching your saved search are listed. If you're logged in, your searches will also appear in your feed.

How to save searches

Create a saved search by selecting Save this search on the search results page.

To view the listings in the searches you follow, just:

1. Go to Saved searches.
  2. Choose View items.

I hope that helps!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

No, the want it section was discontinued by eBay.

You can however save a search and be notified if anyone lists one.

Saved searches - https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/search-tips/saved-searches?id=4051&st=10&pos=1&query=Saved%20sea...

As kopenhagen said!!!!

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply